Fronius Primo Energy Dashboard setup

Can someone point me to the correct sensors to use from the official Fronius integration for the relevant sections of the Energy dash? Would like to move off the custom component and just use the core integration.

@trankillity Hey this is what I use, just put it in your config.yaml

sensor:
# Fronius Inverter built in integration
  - platform: fronius
    resource: http://192.168.1.117
    monitored_conditions:
    - sensor_type: inverter

check and reboot the server, you should then have the option in the energy dashboard dropdown box

Thanks, but not at all what I asked. The integration is working totally fine, just don’t know which of the sensors that it produces are used for generation, grid consumption, and grid export. Managed to find it in a reddit thread however :slight_smile:

Oh Sorry, I am still learning and thought thats what you meant.

Do you mind sharing the Reddit link? I am still confused by it all…

Of course! This should do the trick, and have also highlighted the comment that solved it for me.

Ahh, Thank you. Unfortunately I dont have the Fronius smart meter, so am going to have to do it through ModBus. In our system I have a grid tied (fronius) inverter with a Victron Multiplus and battery. These two ties together with the Victron ESS system and a smart meter (not the Fronius one)
So guess I am going to have to learn more about the Modbus way of doing it.
Cheers

Hey Guys,

I have a Fronius inverter, and am trying to configure the Energy page inside HA,

Ive added the yaml into the configuration file and can see every device when I try to add an entity module,

However, in the Energy configuration page itself, I only see 6 sensors, all of which are not what I need to have it working correctly, I get “Energy $var Fronius Inverter system” where $var is either Total, Day or Year

Any ideas on what I need to configure to get the sensors “Power ac Fronius Inverter” and “Power grid Fronius Power flow” to show?

These are the right entities. I’d use “total”.
It’s an energy dashboard, not a power dashboard - power entities are not valid.

This really doesn’t appear right, If I use those total vars, this is the output I get.

Where if i use some Gauge cards or graphs using the specific sensors it reflects what i see in the solar web app.

Are these what you use?

Energy total from the inverter is not grid consumption. See Fronius power meter (and inverter) - help with configuration - #7 by farmio and 2 posts before for the correct entities.

Thanks, Yes that’s what im looking for, So i can see these entities when i do cards outside of the energy panel, not a problem, however in the energy configuration itself, i only get those 6 entities mentioned above, which none of them supply the right data.

Would you know how I can get the expected entities that show up on the normal cards, to show up in the energy panels?

Update your HA to the latest version.

Yes have done this a few times a day over the past few days in case something was wrong, however the version looks right, reports as Home Assistant 2021.9.7

Last thing to check is the config yaml for your smartmeter.

Hey @farmio, This is the only yaml i have in the config for Fronius.

#Fronius Inverter
sensor:
  - platform: fronius
    resource: http://192.168.1.111
    monitored_conditions:
    - sensor_type: logger_info
    - sensor_type: inverter
      scope: system
    - sensor_type: meter
      device: 1
    - sensor_type: power_flow

Should I have something else in here for the smart meter? I am able to see some of the data via the entity cards or gauge cards, for whatever reason however its not showing in the energy panel.

It’s really hard to help you out if you keep revealing infos bit by bit. Why don’t you screenshot the entities state you have / want to use from developer tools where all the attributes are visible?

device depends on what is set in your inverters settings and where the meter is installed. For meters this is probably 0
scope: system is currently not recommended - I’d use device everywhere.

Apologies, had HA installed for under a week, not entirely sure what to paste in. So i may need some guidance. Here are all the Fronius entities I can see via the developer tools page, as you can see there are quite alot, which is why its odd that i cannot see them in the Energy configuration page.
The ones i believe i need to have an accurate representation are the grid powerflow sensor for the consumption and also the AC powerflow sensor for the solar.

Try setting device: 0 (or just remove it). You should have additional meter entities then. There you will find the right ones.

Thanks!!! more have come up now like your previous post, I have made the changes and will give it a few hours to see if it updates.

Hello,

I try to set up the energy tab and i don’t know witch enitities to put there for:

• Grid consumption
  • Return to grid
  • Solar production

For now, since yesterday, I have:

Grid consumption - Energy real consumed Fronius Meter 0
Return to grid - Energy real produced Fronius Meter 0
Solar production - Total energy Fronius Inverter 1

But I think something is not right. The solar web application shows me some values and the energy tab shows me other values.

Home Assistant
Solar Web

The entities that I have for Fronius are:

I also want to have a card with the energy consumed today, how can I do that?

Can you help me?

1 Like