Frontend.set_theme not working

Im sorry… When I change the theme manually then the theme is changing.

Ok, to me, that indicates that theme changing is working however your browser is not refreshing after the backend selected is applied. This would typically be an issue with your os/browser, seeing that it works for other operating systems and browsers.

So, if you aren’t on the latest android OS, update to it on that tablet. As things age, older OS’s won’t be supported. Hopefully you aren’t falling into this category.

Ok, i was triggered by your point of Android OS. Normal FKB automatically open when do a OS update. I went to settings of Android OS itself and saw it was in Darkmode status.

I Change it back to Lightmode status and now the theme updates are working again.

So the Darkmode option in Android Settings are blocking the change… I don’t know how…

Thanks for all the patient and helping to solve this. It was something outside HA, Browsers but a simple Light/Darkmode option of Android itself.

That sounds like a bug then. I’d report that with that information.

1 Like
alias: Switch Theme
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: input_select.theme_selector
action:
  - data_template:
      name: "{{ states('input_select.theme_selector') }}"
    action: frontend.set_theme
input_select:
  theme_selector:
    name: Theme Selector
    options:
      - "default"
      - "ios-dark-mode"
    initial: "default"
    icon: "mdi:theme-light-dark"

Now need to test how to make the browser_mod and card_mode to work so that I can enable and disable side and topbars.

the following isn’t working yet.

- action: browser_mod.set_theme
    data:
      dark: dark
      theme: auto