Fujitsu Air Conditioning integration - Airstage dongle

Sounds perfect

Hello all,

Just a quick reply to thank you all for the work and effort already put into this!
Iā€™m about to test the things you guys have discovered.

FWIW, the difference between the WJ3E and WH3E modules are the following

• WJ3E: has to be connected to the ā€˜mainā€™ board of the aircon unit
  • WH3E: is a plug-and-play module delivered when ordering a unit with wifi-capable configuration

WJ3E (donā€™t have a picture available at the moment, will upload it at a later stage)

WH3E

1 Like

Meanwhile I got my 5 ACs installed using my backup Fritzbox, so I can control all of them locally with Home Assistant and over the cloud using the app.
For controlling with HA I use basically the commands posted by @pietervanh . I was wondering if anyone found out how to change the mode from cooling to fan or heating.
However controlling the devices with REST services is quite cumbersome. Unfortunatelly Iā€™m not a HA guru, but willing to test and contribute if anyone would take the lead to develop an integration.

1 Like

@gorstj can you sniff out the last rest commands:
swing things
and all the heating / cooling buttons

If not I can lend mac again to sniff myself but that might still take a week or 2ā€¦

Which tool do I need to use to do the sniffing?

@pietervanh thanks a lot for your workaround and everyone for contribution!

I could do some more research next weekend and post the results here.

Regarding an app integration I had the naive idea of taking kind of similar plugin as a skeleton and implement the api calls with some glue functions where necessary. But as far as I am not a pro either I would need some time to get this started and just briefly took a look into some code weeks ago. Maybe this is a project similar enough to start with: GitHub - SebuZet/samsungrac: Home Assistant Climate Device for controlling (not only) Samsung AC

1 Like

I suppose it would be Wireshark, or an Android equivalent that takes a capture of the network traffic (.pcap extension)

@pietervanh I still had a small bug in the SET TEMP due to the INT command 21.5 got rounded to 21. However I fixed it this way.

{% set klima_temp = (states('input_number.klima_arbeit_temperatur')  | float  *10) | int %}
      {"device_id":"E8FB1CFF5B49","device_sub_id":0,"req_id":"","modified_by":"","set_level":"02","value":{"iu_set_tmp":"{{ klima_temp }}"}}

please update your original post as well.

1 Like

Thanks updated the original post.

1 Like

I will try over the next week to have a look.
However, mine is a ducted unit so I do not have swing adjustments or the ā€˜powerfulā€™ mode.

Hey gang,

Iā€™m on the verge of getting one of these units installed. We have a daikin in our loft which uses a local api to control it. So Iā€™m wondering if this is a better bit of code to use as a base template (copy, paste & edit?) with whatā€™s been discovered on the thread:

Be great if it supported install via HACS (I think that other template had that option?) until itā€™s added as a core integration? :slight_smile:

Not a programmer - but if I can steal a few hours here and there I may be able to help make progress.

But I guess installing it first so I can test code would help. :laughing:

Hi, good job integrating the AC into Home Assistant.

In search of a solution I came across the following:

Maybe it helps.

1 Like

I think that is some sort of serial/bus protocol that Airstage Aircon units use which is easy to confuse with the Airstage WiFi adapters

Had the opportunity to dissect all available app functions of local operation at least on my special model.

This is a summary of all set operations occurring:

Key		Value		Function
=====================================
iu_onoff	0|1		System off|on
iu_op_mode	0		Mode "Auto"
iu_op_mode	1		Mode "Cooling"
iu_op_mode	2		Mode "Dry"
iu_op_mode	3		Mode "Fan"
iu_op_mode	4		Mode "Heating"
iu_min_heat	1		Mode "Heating minimal" (anti freezing protection?)
iu_fan_spd	0		Fan Speed "Auto"
iu_fan_spd	2		Fan Speed "Lowest"
iu_fan_spd	5		Fan Speed "Low"
iu_fan_spd	8		Fan Speed "Medium"
iu_fan_spd	11		Fan Speed "High"
iu_set_tmp	{180..300}	Set temperature in 0.5Ā°C increments (value=Ā°C*10)
iu_af_swg_vrt	0		Fan vector vertical swing off -> moves to latest set distinct position
iu_af_swg_vrt	1		Fan vector vertical swing on
iu_af_dir_vrt	{1..4}		Fan vector vertical fixed position (1=horizontal; 4=diagonal down)
iu_powerful	0|1		(Temporary) Powerful mode off|on
iu_economy	0|1		Device energy saving mode off|on
iu_fan_ctrl	0|1		Fan energy saving mode off|on
iu_wifi_led	0|1		Indoor LED off

An example of a connection procedure and setup sequence of poll and get params is going to follow - need to clean it up

5 Likes

This version of the Samsung AC repository seems to be actively developed vs the one you referenced no longer functions:

Still above my skill level to try and modify it!

Hi Pieter, this is really great work. Although completely off-topic, I could need some help where to put all the yaml configs.
Would you mind explaining where I put all the YAML configs?

I added some more explanation to the topic.
But basically the first part you need to place in configuration.yaml and restart ha
Then you need to create some scripts / input helpers and automations and finally some dashboard set up work.

If you get stuck feel free to ask.

1 Like

Great, Now I understand way better the howto. I was struggling with the mac earlier but found out that the ā€œ:ā€ signs must be deleted.
I was able to add one of the airconā€™s to my configurstion.yaml successfully (I guess :)) And I created the two Scripts. Now I am stuck at adding the card in my dashboard. Do I have to start with adding a blank entitiecard and paste your yaml code here? (If I do I get errors) and I am not sure what you mean with the next step: helper.

Updated some more.
You can use Card Manual (last one) and just paste in the yaml code
Helpers you can create under Settings > Devices and Entities > Helpers

1 Like

I have a fairly standard Home Assistant installation with few add-ons yet. When I create an empty card in my custom dashboard and paste the code, I see the message ā€˜No card type configuredā€™ in my view. Could I be missing an integration or something? I have installed HACS now