Fully Kiosk Browser

Yes now I saw it
Screen Off Timer (PLUS)

What a cool program

its great running 6 tablets with it 5 running HADashboard and the other with the Alarm Section in the HA UI, its great… The support from the developer is great.

Glad you found the Screen Off Timer was just looking for it, the simple ways are the best lol :slight_smile:

I am running the latest version, if your not update to see if the brightness works

1.21.9 is mine

ok that blows that idea, how strange it does not work… does it work if you change the value in the UI ?

yes it does change the value in the UI, but not in the smartphone. Not sure if I do something wrong, or maybe my smartphone doesn’t allow this. All other functions I tried are worjking

How odd

just to confirm the URL im using…

http://kisokip:2323/?cmd=setStringSetting&key=screenBrightness&value=100&password=kisokpassword

same, this works (it does change the value in the UI),

So I can change the value manually in the UI, or launching the URL in the browser, but the brightness is not changed on the phone (phisically increase/decrease the brightness)

it works on my Chinese Android 5.1 devices, it maybe the vendor blocking that function… not sure… as other commands work.

Sounds like a tablet/phone specific hardware issue to me, or permissions perhaps? On the Android device, ya might want to make sure that the Fully app is listed as a local administrator (I think that’s what it’s called), and that it has all the proper permissions it needs. I think you’ll find that it doesn’t have permissions to adjust the brightness, somewhere. Without further investigation, that’s only a guess though. I’d start by digging around in the Android Settings…

1 Like

yes that was it, android permissions.

1 Like

@Hefford27

Hi, my tablet arrived. Curious about your solution for a wall mount, and how you deal with power charging

Hey man, I don’t want to answer for @Hefford27 but you might find some great resources in this post: Share your Floorplan

thanks @xstrex i am sure there are much clever ways to mount the tablet so have a look at that post, but my wife only let me mount the tablets if she didnt see cables what so ever, and they didnt stick out too much.

image1

As you can see you cant see cables and its basically flush to the wall.

I am using these tablets in replacement for light switches, so I removed the light switch from the wall and modded a USB power supply and wired it into the Light circuit as the power draw is minimal, this its in the hole in the wall with the tablet stuck with strong double sided tape.

dashpowersupply

I needed a way to make the power cable not to stick out as USB C plugs to so i modded a a wireless phone charger pad, and connected this to the power supply in the wall

dashpower

The look i think looks very clean

dashonwall2

Like i said I’m sure theres better ways, but the price for mounts are expensive and didnt fit the wife acceptance :slight_smile: and If we ever move and need to revert back, I can just put the light switch back in with no wall modifications to fix :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I purchased these with the right USB connector for my Tablets, cut off the plug and short stem, and soldered this to the main usb chargers, replacing the usb plug that came connected if that helps, see the 3rd pic above

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-Qi-Charger-Receiver-Charging-Adapter-For-Micro-USB-Android-iPhone-Lot/302589009960?hash=item4673b5e028:m:maqzo0WZ5RC3c7OI9pO9KQQ

what about the height (at wall switch level), you satisfied? Or should be higher, if possible?

Before breaking walls, try to get the most info available from exissting users :slight_smile:

That height works for us and our little one can turn room lights on as its at the right height.

Place yours next to the switch and see, i think its just personal or wife view on if its right.

I think it’s a bit low, it can be solved by tilting the tablet a bit. Should not be difficult finding the right tool /piece of something

@Hefford27 if you can give me some details about the tablet you’re using, and the usb plug and wall switch; I could probably design an adapter of sorts, in cad, that would attach everything, and make it easier to tilt and probably look a little more professional. The resulting file could be 3D printed, and duplicated, as necessary.

I’ve been wanting to design something like this for a while actually! Send me a pm if you’re interested, we can work out the details.

Using these curl commands, would it be possible to launch an android app on the tablet that is running Fully Kiosk with remote privileges?

I’d really like to be able to use HADashboard and/or Floorplan for my front end on my tablet via fully kiosk, and then launch the MQTT Alarm Control Panel App. I could see this being useful for other applications as well.

I know Fully has an application launcher available but I’d like it to be seamless from the HADashboard/Floorplan front ends if possible.