Fully Kiosk Browser

ScreenOn/Off detect works on generic Android devices where Fully CAN turn the screen back on, but on Amazon Fire devices Fully can’t turn the screen back on and gets put into the background, so the screensaver detection method works better there.

1 Like

That is working great!
I have added this /?cmd=loadStartURL&password=[pass] to close the camera feed again after a few seconds.
It’s actually loading the start URL again as I couldn’t find a way to close the popup with the feed.

I managed to do this, I think by specifying null. I can check later if you want.

I have those two scripts that I execute from hass.

tablet_cam_feed_on.sh

#!/bin/bash
curl "http://tablet-living.local:2323/?password=xxx&type=json&cmd=screenOn"
curl "http://tablet-living.local:2323/?password=xxx&type=json&cmd=toForeground"

JS="document.querySelector('home-assistant').shadowRoot.querySelector('home-assistant-main').fire('hass-more-info',{entityId:'camera.outside'})"
curl -g "http://tablet-living.local:2323/?password=xxx&type=json&cmd=loadURL&url=javascript:$JS"

tablet_cam_feed_off.sh

#!/bin/bash
JS="document.querySelector('home-assistant').shadowRoot.querySelector('home-assistant-main').fire('hass-more-info',{entityId:null})"
curl -g "http://tablet-living.local:2323/?password=xxx&type=json&cmd=loadURL&url=javascript:$JS"
2 Likes

Thanks, that works better as it’s a lot quicker then refreshing the page :grinning:

Hi to all,
I´m trying to implement a wall mounted tablet, I have already one in place an old LG, I´m already opened the developer setting and put him to stay on all the time, but every now and then my tablet get out of the chrome homeassistant page, I´ve been reading about kiosk, is this something that kiosk could solve? I need the tablet to stays on the same homeassistant tab, this is because my wife doesn´t like to talk to my google home :frowning:

Sure it does it!
I use a wall mounted tablet only with Fully K & GA!

The only problem is that when I finished to use GA (on the same tablet) I have to say “Active Fully Kiosk” in order to go back to the browser.
(But I am planning to buy a Google Mini and use the tablet only for FK)

Thank you very much! I´m only using one google home will buy at least one more mini after investing on the lights. Do you know if kiosk runs in any android even older like lollipop?

From : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.ozerov.fully&hl=en
"
Requires Android
4.4 and up
"

Thanks you again

Hi everyone, Need some help I Installed the fully kiosk on my tablet but after some hours the homassistant page exits and goes to tablet’s home page anyone knows where I got wrong?

@rabittn thank you very much for sharing this. works perfect!
I tried cast receiver and works randomly. not reliable. I also tried the lovelace player custom card and couldn’t get it to work either.

Hi all,
I’m experiencing a problem with the fully kiosk app on my android device.
I’m showing the lovece ui on it.

When I click on a light the opens a popup with a colorwheel, then the screen gets black and the bottons are unreadable.

Does anyone have a solution for that?

Hi all,

I have a problem with Fully Kiosk, everything worked fine until today when I upgraded Home Assistant. Now Fully is stuck on the Initializing screen (before the loggin screen).
It works on the sale tablet with Chrome.

I tried deleting the cache without success.

Any idea ?

Thanks a lot

I just got it working !

I changed the settings of Fully Kiosk to appear as Chrome for Windows.
Then when I refresh the lovelace page, it redirects me to the url frontend_latest/ and not anymore to frontend_es5/

and it works

1 Like

I don’t get any respons from fully kiosk
When I use the url in my browser , I get a respons saying “please login”
After I logged in remotely an use the url again I do get respons.

Do I have set something else in Home assistant ?

In fully kiosk I allowed remote login.

Edit : Solved, I thought the password had to be between brackets :blush::blush:

I’m having the same problem since switching to use Lovelace. My tablet (which runs 24/7) has the Lovelace interface become unresponsive after 2-3 hours, and occassionally after a day of not using it, I’ll come back to find it has completely crashed the Full Kiosk Browser app.

Was running stable for weeks on end prior to using Lovelace.

Now, I got the same problem.
If I set Fully tout refresh automatically after a few minutes, I see login attempt failed on HA.
And having removed the auto refresh the page is not connected anymore ans it doesn’t work.

Coule someone tell us what are the right parameters for having a tablet always active but with the screen getting dark for battery saving. I also have a problem now because the battery level is not sent anymore (i guess because it crash) and I use it for charging the tablet…

Thank you all

to get the screen dark you need to use the screensaver settings.
to keep the tablet alive there are settings in the devicesettings part

This works perfectly for me, apart from when the tablet is left overnight (when screen on isnt triggered for several hours).
I assume some android powersaving setting must be preventing it from waking but can’t figure out which one. I’ve turned off the wifi sleep setting.
Does anyone have any ideas?