Garbage collection notification

I feel like an idiot for asking but have spent 2 days trying to get this to work.
I have garbage collection(hacs) setup and working great on dashboard for years but every week the wife and I have to look every week if it’s recycling on dashboard. So I thought simple I’ll just add a notification! Well I can’t seem to figure it out… I have working sensors for garbage and recycling but can’t seem to get notifications to show the day before from the calendar. I’ve tried several solutions from forums but still not working. Any working blueprints? Or ideas?

Hi Jason,
Can you give a little more detail about what you have tried up to now for the notifications you want. Maybe an example script/automation you have tried so far.
Is the ‘notification’ feature you refer to something that is part of the the HACS integration or are you creating a new automation for this.
Nick

Only thing from hacs is the garbage collection calendar integration. Here is my current automation test notification that don’t send anything expected.

alias: garbage test notification
this
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: calendar
    event: start
    offset: "-8:0:0"
    entity_id: calendar.garbage_collection
condition:
  - condition: or
    conditions:
      - condition: state
        entity_id: sensor.garbage
        state: "1"
        attribute: next_date
        enabled: false
      - condition: state
        entity_id: sensor.recycling
        state: "1"
        attribute: next_date
    enabled: false
action:
  - service: notify.mobile_app_jason
    data:
      title: recycle day tommorow
      message: "{{ state_attr('sensor.recycle', 'all_day') == true }}"
  - service: notify.mobile_app_the_wife_s
    data: {}
mode: single
this

Right away i can see that the entity “sensor.recycle” in the message template for the action to notify your phone seems to not match the entity used in the condition. I can see the conditions are disabled right now but one of those values seems incorrect.

Also, are you seeing anything in the logs or trace data?

This might help

Thanks for helping guys.
Maybe I’m not explaining it correctly.
the problem I’m having is the message sending me the data when it’s garbage and if recycle day also. I have garbage every week but recycle every other. That’s why you see my automation with both sensors and then was just trying to send if recycle day only for test because conditions were just not working. This has always worked fine on dashboard just can’t get it to send notifications. See screenshot of garbage section in dashboard.

may have figured it out using this: