Gardena smart system + Home assistant?

Hi, you are right. After Gardena Firmware Update (HomeKit) it does not work anymore. I have the same errors like you. I also check to rename/move, i have got the same errors. I hope anybody fix it.

I found something:

I think new url: https://sg-api.dss.husqvarnagroup.net/sg-1/sessions

@wijnandtop
could you change base_url = “https://sg-api.dss.husqvarnagroup.net/sg-1/sessions
its working :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Normally I don’t release code without testing… but since it is already broken…

Please update your gardena has component (from GitHub - wijnandtop/home_assistant_gardena: Custom component to support Gardena smart devices ), it should automatically pull the latest python gardena lib with the proper endpoint in place.

Please note that is has the new and proper structure for HASS 0.88 and up.

I weren’t able to test it, so if someone can give it a try and let me know if it did work :slight_smile:

I have tested ist. It works perfectly. You are awesome, thank you.

1 Like

I’m about to jump into this. Can anybody tell me if the Smart Irrigation Control is compatible with this component? Thanks!

I haven’t tried it, since I don’t own the device. It is on my wishlist though.

I’ve written the module in such a way that it could work. I assumed it is considered the same devices as smart water control only with more valves. But no guarantees.

Of course you can sponsor me a device, I will make sure it will work :wink: Else you just have to try if it works and let us know!

I’m gonna go for the second option :slight_smile: . Thanks!

Let me know if it works, if it doesn’t we can create an output file and based on that we probably can make it work.

Will do. Do you know if the new HomeKit-compatible firmware affects you component in any way?

@wijnandtop I just wanted to thank you for this component! We are currently using it to control a Smart Sileno + 1300, specifically to send it home when it starts raining :slight_smile:
Would you consider adding the ability to mow on schedule? Currently Home Assistant is able to use your component to start mowing immediately, stop in it’s tracks or send it home. I would like to be able to send it home, wait for x time and then resume the mowing schedule.

@iFloris, I think it already should be possible. Currently you can send 3 commands to the mower using the component:

• start - start right away
  • stop - return to base and don’t continue schedule
  • return_to_base - return to base and await schedule

The logic you mention, I would put this into HA with automations.

if rain
    mower.stop
else if rain stops
    mower.return_to_base

A bit over simplified (you want to avoid sending the command over and over). But you get the point.
If your automation does work, please share, I will add it as a nice example.

If you use the latests version of the component, it should work.

Will this be available as a component anytime soon @wijnandtop ?

for me this works grate with with Sileno+, Water Control, and the smart Sensor

But now i will make the Battery Level of the Gardena Devices visible as Sensor so that is possible to dosn’t start the watering if the Battery level is to low over the automation or i get a Message over the HA App to my iPhone if it is time to change the batterys (until now this works for me with z-Wave Devices like Danalock and Aeotec Multisensors) but it dosen’t work with the Gardena Devices

configuration.yaml

sensor:

• platform: template
    sensors:
    battery_level_sensor_eingang:
    friendly_name: “Batterie Sensor Eingang”
    unit_of_measurement: “%”
    value_template: ‘{{ states.zwave.aeotec_zw100_eingang_sensor.attributes.battery_level }}’
    device_class: battery

battery_level_sensor_duschbad:
    friendly_name: “Batterie Sensor Duschbad”
    value_template: ‘{{ states.zwave.aeotec_zw100_duschbad_sensor.attributes.battery_level }}’

battery_level_water_control_garten:
    friendly_name: “Batterie Bewässerung Garten”
    value_template: ‘{{ states.sensor.2_garten_water_control_ambient_temperature.attributes.battery_level }}’

i get the following error form the config check:

Invalid config for [sensor.template]: invalid template (TemplateSyntaxError: expected token ‘end of print statement’, got ‘_garten_water_control_ambient_temperature’) for dictionary value @ data[‘sensors’][‘battery_level_water_control_garten’][‘value_template’]. Got ‘{{ states.sensor.2_garten_water_control_ambient_temperature.attributes.battery_level }}’. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at Template - Home Assistant

Anyone here with an idea how i can solve this problem?

The ambition is to make it a “standard” component for Home Assistant, no concrete timelines since I have to do this in my scarce spare time.

First prio is to make it work with the irrigation controller (since I recently bought one).

It is already working with the irrigation controller :smiley:

This device: https://www.gardena.com/int/products/watering/water-controls/pim94995109/967669901/ ?

Good stuff, thanks a lot.

works like a charm with our little robot.

Can I suggest to comply with below integration structure to make install and update as easy as possible?

https://custom-components.github.io/hacs/developer/integration/

Thanks Alex

Thank you for your suggestion, I wasn’t aware of HACS, looks great. I’m actually hoping for a HA native extension manager but for time being we can go for HACS.

I hope to spend some time on this any time soon.

Hi wihnandtop, brilliant integration!!

Just installed and it’s working great for the mower.

The sensor seems a bit odd - it pulls everything through properly but the overall “Sensory Ambient Frost Warning” is that just an actual setting that I haven’t seen that warns me when frost? As it’s 32 degrees outside so not happening today. Appreciate the guidance.

Any joy with the Irrigation controller ( https://www.gardena.com/int/products/watering/water-controls/pim94995109/967669901/

Happy to pull / test anything to help get this working as I have one so very interested in seeing it work. Doesn’t seem to show with the current code.