packages:
!include_dir_named include
then i list all include files like this:
scene: !include scenes.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml

cover: !include cover.yaml
camera: !include camera.yaml
garo_chargebox: !include garo_chargebox/pkg_garo_chargebox.yaml
It finds the folder, but fails to read the integration.
When checking my setup, I get: Integration error: garo_chargebox - Integration ‘garo_chargebox’ not found.

So a litle more tweak and I can get it and turn it on and off. However I do not get any data. My other Garo to the right for reference.
Your comment on how to enable the twin charger passed over my head. Do I just add - twinCharger below - mainCharger, and then what?

EDIT: Ahh - so you mean one is called mainCharger, and the other output is called twinCharger? So I just replicate all the sensors and change main- to twin- and rename the sensor?

Below the status I get from my charger:

{“serialNumber”:2252213,“ocppState”:null,“connectedToInternet”:true,“freeCharging”:false,“ocppConnectionState”:null,“connector”:“CHARGING”,“mode”:“ALWAYS_ON”,“currentLimit”:32,“factoryCurrentLimit”:32,“switchCurrentLimit”:16,“powerMode”:“ON”,“currentChargingCurrent”:14600,“currentChargingPower”:3300,“accSessionEnergy”:504,“sessionStartTime”:1658739616121,“chargeboxTime”:“11:10”,“accSessionMillis”:603554,“latestReading”:1505712,“chargeStatus”:64,“updateStatus”:{“serialsToUpdate”:[],“serialsUpdated”:[],“currentlyUpdating”:-1,“currentProgress”:-1,“failedUpdate”:“NO_ERROR”},“currentTemperature”:35,“sessionStartValue”:1505208,“nrOfPhases”:1,“slaveControlWarning”:false,“supportConnectionEnabled”:false,“datetimeConfigured”:true,“pilotLevel”:16,“mainCharger”:{“reference”:null,“serialNumber”:2252213,“lastContact”:1658740256125,“online”:false,“loadBalanced”:false,“phase”:0,“productId”:131,“meterStatus”:0,“meterSerial”:“4126325”,“chargeStatus”:64,“pilotLevel”:16,“accEnergy”:1505712,“firmwareVersion”:8,“firmwareRevision”:3,“wifiCardStatus”:2,“connector”:“CHARGING”,“accSessionEnergy”:504,“sessionStartValue”:1505208,“accSessionMillis”:603554,“sessionStartTime”:1658739616121,“currentChargingCurrent”:14600,“currentChargingPower”:3300,“nrOfPhases”:1,“twinSerial”:2224931,“cableLockMode”:0,“minCurrentLimit”:6,“dipSwitchSettings”:6555,“cpuType”:2004993,“updateable”:false},“twinCharger”:{“reference”:null,“serialNumber”:2224931,“lastContact”:1658740254719,“online”:false,“loadBalanced”:false,“phase”:0,“productId”:106,“meterStatus”:0,“meterSerial”:“4130297”,“chargeStatus”:0,“pilotLevel”:6,“accEnergy”:809097,“firmwareVersion”:8,“firmwareRevision”:3,“wifiCardStatus”:1,“connector”:“NOT_CONNECTED”,“accSessionEnergy”:0,“sessionStartValue”:-1,“accSessionMillis”:0,“sessionStartTime”:null,“currentChargingCurrent”:0,“currentChargingPower”:0,“nrOfPhases”:1,“twinSerial”:0,“cableLockMode”:0,“minCurrentLimit”:6,“dipSwitchSettings”:8095,“cpuType”:2004993,“updateable”:false}}

Strange, it looks like the rest sensor is not loaded, this could be caused by errors loading the pkg yaml file or errors/typos in the pkg yaml file that causes it to not work…
Have you got the folder garo_chargebox in your config folder, and adjusted the pkg yaml file with the IP address of your garo chargebox in all places?
Have you done any other changes in the pkg file?

Can you check if you have a sensor named Laddbox?

It should look something like this:

For twinCharger, yes in the rest sensor add the line - twinCharger after - mainCharger

Then you need to copy the template sensors, give them a new name and unique id, then replace the section mainCharger with twinCharger on the new template sensors and it should fetch for the second charger.

Keyboard errror… Had set 168.168 as IP… Now it is working. The only problem I now have is with the package declaration. I have a package already as:
packages:
!include_dir_named include
and I have tried to set
packages:
pack1: !include_dir_named include
pack2: garo_chargebox: !include garo_chargebox/pkg_garo_chargebox.yaml

and a bunch of other varieties, but I can not get both to work. I have my themes in the include directory, and currently I have to chose between the charger or the themes…

Great!
I have not tried this myself with different package configs… but it should probably be something like this?

packages:
    includes: !include_dir_named include
    garo_chargebox: !include garo_chargebox/pkg_garo_chargebox.yaml

Nope. That didn’t work. But don’t worry, I’ll work on that elsewhere. Howevever, I have a final question. I would love to be able to set up the chargers in the energy dashboard to get statistical data. I assume it should be done through the laddbox_sessionenergy, but I can not see it in the energy setup. Any advice here? is it lacking state or device class?

Ok…can you not put pkg_garo_chargebox.yaml in the includes dir? :slight_smile:

For chargebox data to show up in energy dashboard the total consumption need some more config. (This is updated in github too for any future consumers of the config.)

Below parameters are needed for the laddbox_totalconsumption sensor to be selectable in the energy dashboard config…

device_class: energy
          state_class: total_increasing

ended up placing it in my includes dir - now all works perfect. Almost. Thank you! Only missing now is the totalconsumption, which only reads from the mainCharger, not the twinCharger:

• unique_id: ‘laddbox_totalconsumption’
    name: ‘Total förbrukning’
    icon: mdi:gauge
    unit_of_measurement: ‘kWh’
    state: >
    {% set state = state_attr(‘sensor.laddbox’, ‘latestReading’)/1000 | round(1) %}
    {% if state > 0 %}
    {{state}}
    {% endif %}

You can set up two template sensors to get total consumption per charge port also, then you can track three consumption sensors if you would need to, the total for the box. Then main and twin separately, but you should probably not have all three in the energy dashboard since it would be redundant…

You will have to read the accEnergy for mainCharger and twinCharger as new sensors. Below example would be for mainCharger, set up one more for the second port…

- unique_id: 'laddbox_main_consumption'
          name: 'Laddbox förbrukning 1'
          icon: mdi:gauge
          device_class: energy
          state_class: total_increasing
          unit_of_measurement: 'kWh'
          state: >
            {% set state = state_attr('sensor.laddbox', 'mainCharger')['accEnergy']/1000 | round(1) %}
            {% if state > 0 %}
              {{state}}
            {% endif %}

Hi all, I posted in another thread but wanted to check here also:

I’m looking at purchasing a Garo unit and would like to know if anyone has confirmed if any of the GCB+ OCPP-capable models (models begin with “GLB-B-…”) have the same web interface and API as the regular GLB units.

I’m also seeing units seemingly identical the the GLB models with with a GHL-… model number.

Is anyone here has a model starting with GLB-B-* or GHL* could you please let me know?

Thanks.

Are there limitations around when/how the charge limit can be set? Ie: Can it be updated during a charge?

I would like to add to the same question.

I’m trying to automate when charging is possible dependent on the price of electricity each hour in Nordpool.
I have thought of both changing charge limit to 0 or to disable charging. Which one is prefered from the charger or car perspective?
My use case is that when I come home with the car I connect my charging cable to the car independent on the price on Nordpool.
Then my automation every hour checks the price on Nordpool:

• Low price => enable charging
  • High price => disable charging

I have the automation ready using Appdaemon with a simple criteria for defining low and high price but I have not started to use it yet due to not really understanding which method to use; enable/disable charging or limit the charging power to zero or some thing higher.

Anyone who knows which method is the best?

Personally I would use the switch to turn on or off the charging in such automation…

It is only a soft switch to enable or disable charging, it will not shut down the chargebox.

1 Like

Thanks!

Then I start with the switch.

Updated in github with new toggle for chargebox mode (on/schedule/off).

This should make it more straightforward to do automations to turn on/off chargebox via automations too… such as calling service:
rest_command.chargebox_on

Replaced old switch for on/off with input selector, three rest commands and two automations in the package file…
One automation for calling the rest commands based on selection in dropdown and one automation to keep the dropdown in sync with the actual value, if for some reason you would change the mode in the box from somewhere outside home assistant.

There is also a new slider selector added for controlling and limiting charge current. This could open the door to automations such as a home assistant controlled schedule for charge limits and load balancing automations…

3 Likes

Any plans to add load balancing?

1 Like