Gas meter from Xiaomi/Aqara door sensor (ZigBee)

Well, then there is also an option, that your meter have hall sensor installed, that uses 3 wire connections; ground, power supply and sensor output. Perhaps fact that you have gray+yellow constantly beeping means that it takes some voltage from multimeted shortcut sensor as power? Though I think it would matter which way you connect wires to multimeter; one way it should give constant beep the other constant silence… I think. On the red wire you would get then output voltage somehow ‘proportional’ to proximity of magnet on the reading wheel. So no open/close solution.

If I hook up an esp32 - Say:

• Red: 3.3v
  • Gray: Ground
  • Yellow: Gpio
    (or different combinations)

Is there a chance i fry something? if it is a reed sensor, will i destroy it?

If is a reed or anything else you will blow them.

And i cannot find the manual :angry:

Hey. Can you share (link/TME symbol) for the exact reed you got from TME ? If that’s working for you, I wanna use the same, as I have the same gas meter. Thanks!

Any of this models work, tested.

Very cool, my meter has just been replaced (every 10yrs in my state)

Being so new it was really easy to identify mag index wheel location, they also sell a sensor but will likely have a go at DIY as I already have a Xiaomi/Aqara sensor I had on my mailbox flap with external battery wired up before replacing it with another solution.

#https://www.landisgyr.com.au/product/model-750/
#https://www.landisgyr.com/webfoo/wp-content/uploads/product-files/LG_APAC_Brochure_Gas_750.pdf

#https://www.landisgyr.com.au/product/pulse-outputs/
#https://www.landisgyr.com.au/webfoo/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Pulse+Outputs.pdf

Edit:

I now have this working thanks (extended xiaomi sensor on a 3d mount)
Electronics in a snaplock bag under house for dust protection.

3D STL File

Pics

2 Likes

Nice mount.

I’ll have to check what my meter looks like exactly as it is very similar to yours but definitely a different brand.

What’s the black box? battery pack?

Correct, just a pair of AA batteries for 3V.

Nice setup!

What is the cable connector your used for the battery pack? I want to replicate for the battery and reed sensor in case either fail.

Just some JST Connectors I had for another project.
I still have a bunch and can flick you some in the mail ( just inbox me)

1 Like

Amazing, thanks!!! They are going to come in handy for various projects.

I’m in the UK so probably a bit far to post… But really appreciate the offer :pray:t2:

hi all, i dont know if someone tried the Sonoff window/door sensor, but it doesnt work with it, i dont know if there are different types of the magnetic sensors, but the one in sonoff doesnt work… ordered aqara sensor now to test it…

From what pictures I can find on the internet looks that the sonoff is not using a reed sensor or I can’t see it on this pcb. LINK
Assuming that the other peace of the sonoff is a magnet the sensor on the PCB might not be sensible enough to be influenced by the magnet in the gas meter.

hi, thanks for reply, … so, i managed to disassemble the sonoff door sensor and used the original reed and put it to longer cable. now i managed to stop the gas meter between 9 and 0 and voala, contact was closed in home assistant… its pitty that it didnt catch the magnetic field when the reed was on the original place on the board and 2nd thing, the meter has to be still, and not rotating. i though it will catch the changes in magnetic field on the fly…

so i can confirm that also the sonoff door sensor works with the original reed (just 1 hour for now that i nstalled it :smiley: ) on my BK-G4T, the reed looks more robust than the one that is on aqara device, and had no issues to mount it to cables

@mpetcu thx for this project and findings :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for this thread - I copied your approach to a z-wave based relatively cheap window sensor from Ring Alarm (i use z-wave as my main technology):

After creation of a proper housing it looks much neater:
(On the backside I have placed a magnet to hold the “construction”
It’s really amazing how Lego in the basement from the kids can become handy again :wink:

5 Likes

Hi,

I’ve tried to install aqara reel sensor to my gas meter, but i do not get any signal. Anyone knows if this gas meter sent some pulses? Thanks.

Cool project. I have a spare aqara sensor. Will give this a go. My only issue if I get this to work is the gas meter lady who comes once a month to read the display & prints out the bill. Wonder if she will say something with an unknown probe taped to the meter?

Hey guys,

i spend hours in changing configuration, id´s and customizing, but i don´t see anything in my Energy-Dashboard.

Do you have an indea?

configuation.yaml

homeassistant:
  customize: !include customize.yaml

# Sensor für den Gaszähler
sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      gasmeter:
        friendly_name: Gasmeter
        value_template: "{{ states ('counter.gaszahler') | float * 0.01}}"
        unit_of_measurement: "m³"
        icon_template: "mdi:gas-burner"
        device_class: gas

customize.yaml

sensor.gasmeter:
  state_class: measurement
#  state_class: total_increasing
#  last_reset: '2021-08-20T06:43:36.740703+00:00'

thanks for help

can this work with any meter that has a pulse?