GE 14294 double tap support

Does HA support double tap for these switches?

Check this out. Looks like it might work, but requires some effort:

I can confirm that double and triple tap works good on HomeSeer switches though. I followed the instructions here:

Thanks! I will check this out then!

I have a GE 14292, which is their Z-Wave Plus wall switch, and I use the double-tap feature with it. Not sure about the 14294, which is the wall dimmer, right? I checked on the z-wave alliance website, and it doesn’t look like the 14294 supports the double-tap association (like the 14292 does.)

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/2105

Depends on the certificate date. I think if you got the one swith the old firmware then it doesn’t have it. Mine I got them with the new ones. They work on Smartthings so they should work with HA.

1 Like

Hey, I know this is an old thread, but hoping you see this, any chance you can share how you got the double-tap to work for the 14292?

- alias: Cameras Record - Niche double tap
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: zwave.node_event
    event_data:
      entity_id: zwave.niche_light
  condition:
    condition: state
    entity_id: input_select.home_mode
    state: Home
  action:
    service_template: >
      {% if trigger.event.data.basic_level == 0 %}
        input_boolean.turn_off
      {% else %}
        input_boolean.turn_on
      {% endif %}
    entity_id: input_boolean.cameras_record

You use the zwave entity ID for the switch in the trigger (i.e., not the switch.xxx entity ID.)

In this automation, when the switch that controls our “niche light” is double tapped, and someone is home, the automation will run. The service_template turns an input_boolean on or off depending on whether the switch was double tapped down (basic_level is zero) or double tapped up (basic_level was some value other than zero – I think it’s 255, but not sure.)

You can also put the basic_level in the trigger so the automation only responds to one type of double tap. E.g., to only trigger on double tap down:

trigger:
  platform: event
  event_type: zwave.node_event
  event_data:
    entity_id: zwave.XXX
    basic_level: 0
3 Likes