GE Z-wave dimmer not updating status

The ramp time is controlled by two config parameters: 7, aka Z-Wave Command Dim Step, and 8, aka Z-Wave Command Dim Rate. 7 is described as:

Indicates how many levels the dimmer will change for each dimming step.

And 8 is described as:

This value indicates in 10 millisecond resolution, how often the dim level will change. For example, if you set this parameter to 1, then every 10ms the dim level will change. If you set it to 255, then every 2.55 seconds the dim level will change.

Z-Wave levels go from 0 (off) to 99 (full on.) The default for 7 is 1, and the default for 8 is 3. So, it takes 99 steps (99 levels / 1 level per step), and each step is 30 ms (3 x 10ms), so 99 x 30ms = 2.97s.

FWIW, I have two different versions of the GE/Jasco plug-in dimmer, and for both I set delay to 3 and it works fine.

This worked for all of my dimmers. Thank you for this!

Bg

Just came across this old thread. I installed 8 jasco switches 2 years ago. My wife has been nagging about the switches not turning off entirely and complain how long it takes to dim the lights. It came to a point of her demanding I uninstall each ones and find some that works.

I messed around with the dim steps and dim rate for both local and zwave command…everything seems to work pretty well and responsive. Pretty happy with the results. Hopefully I can move on and see if I can install more =).