GE Zwave Fan Controller

Hey guys. Trying to configure a new zwave fan controller, and I can get HASS to see it as zwave.ge_unknown_type4944_id3131_6 but can’t get it to recognize it as a light OR a fan. It’s the GE 14287 switch. Any ideas as to what I’m missing? I have a Schlage lock setup already (My only other zwave device) and that works perfectly. Running 0.46

Thanks!

Try rebooting a few times. When I add a new zwave device it can take a few reboots and a few minutes for the information to be updated.

My fan switches when from light.ge_12730_fan_control_switch_level_11_0 to fan.ge_12730_fan_control_switch_level_11_0.

Thanks! I’ve tried that, and a bunch of stuff I found Googling. I got the device now named: zwave.ge_14287_fan_control_switch_7 after adding the info to OZW manufacturer settings since it didn’t exist. Still no showing up on fan/light though :frowning:

It likely won’t work as a fan yet. HA 46.0 had a patch to allow the GE 12730
Fan control to show up properly as a fan control. I suspect that same patch doesn’t work for 14287 yet. Prior to this patch it just showed up as a light.

The 14287 is the new Zwave+ version of the fan control so it maybe behaves differently. Too bad as I just bought 10 of the 12730’s and got them installed :frowning:

1 Like

You convinced me :stuck_out_tongue: I ordered a 12730 and I’ll use this one later in another room haha. Thanks!

Any movement on this? I bought a 14287 last night and installed it and it only shows up as a zwave device as well. No switch or light component. I snapped the tabs off of it to fit next to another smart switch so probably can’t take it back now :slight_smile:

Any hope for the 14287 in the near future or do I need a 12730 as well?

Answered in your other thread :wink:

1 Like

I bought a 12730 yesterday and it is recognized in HA. There is no entry in the OpenZWave manufacturer_specific.xml file for the 14287, and adding it manually doesn’t improve the situation. It’s a type 4944 which encompasses a lot of switches but the id is 3131. I even tried to change the id to 3031 to see if I could get an entity to appear that way. No joy. I’m just flailing about in the dark but I like flailing about in the dark. :slight_smile:

My official (wild guess) diagnosis is that it isn’t added to openzwave yet.

Where is the manufacturer_specific.xml file?

Should be in the ozw_config directory in your homeassistant configuration directory. The ozw_config is a link to wherever openzwave was installed. The ozw_config directory/link was called config if you have an older install.

@thegame3202

I have the same switch and had similar problems but was eventually able to get it working. Here’s the details:

1 Like