Gecko in.touch2 integration (Spa wireless remote control module)

It depends on the Gecko control pack and how it’s configured. With mine, the filter is inline with the circulating pump, so as long as the circ pump is running, it is filtering.
I can switch the pump on using the control ‘waterfall’, and it then shows as sensor ‘circulating pump’. This is a Gecko idiosyncrasy, but it works.
How are you getting online pH, ORP & TDS!?!?

@Soulac I’d also like to know!

Thank you for your reply.

I have a Ye controller

As far as the pH, ORP and TDS information is concerned, I get this from an Ondilo ICO.

2 Likes

Hi;

Sometimes i want to use the speakers from my tub without using the tub.
However, everytime i have to enable bluetooth before i can pair using the tub system panel.
IS there a way i can activate it using HA ? (via in touch?)

I started a new thread in the ESPHome forum for the more “hijack the C0 port” discussion Read and control Gecko spa controller (IN.YE) · Issue #2893 · esphome/feature-requests (github.com) for those interested.

Tagging some of you that have shown interest over the time: @Fanjita @agittins @tim.plas @los93sol

1 Like

@skank - I’ve thought about that too. At least for me, no audio controls for the in.stream2 audio systerm are exposed through Home Assistant or the in.touch2 app.

But I don’t have any clues whether access to the in.stream2 is possible through the the in.touch2 remote controller, or whether it’s only on what ever bus the keypad uses. We won’t find out unless a lot of progress is made with reverse engineering at the controller level.

Yeah pity, would love to do that

Which integration do you use for that? Thanks!

everytime i have to enable bluetooth before i can pair using the tub system panel.

What components do you have in your system? I see in the in.stream2 techbook it says:

The system is ready to pair when it is not already connected to another device. To pair your device, make sure that you are close enough to the in.stream 2, that it is turned on and that it is set in Bluetooth mode.

Note: In basic configuration (not connected to a keypad or controller), the in.stream 2 is set in Bluetooth mode. Otherwise, please refer to your specific keypad operating manual for details on the in.stream 2 functions.

And:

Note: If the device moves out of range and loses connection, it should reconnect automatically as soon as it is close enough. This should happen without having to go through the menu again.
The in.stream 2 will keep up to 8 devices in its memory. If one of the last three connected devices is in range and has its Bluetooth turned on, it will automatically connects with in.stream 2.
If multiple devices are within range and have already been paired with the in.stream 2, priority will be given to the device that was first detected in the in.stream 2 memory.

I wonder if maybe your phone was one of the earlier-paired devices, so it’s not automatically reconnecting, or if the keypad settings are over-riding the in.stream2’s default bluetooth mode?

It might depend on which media device (in.stream, in.stream2) and keypad you are using:

The IR remote has buttons for AUX1 and AUX2 - I don’t know if these get mapped to USB and BT when you have an in.stream attached, or if they’re only for control pack auxiliaries like ozone, blower etc. I have an old remote around and I plan to extract the IR codes from it so an esphome can send them. If you have an IR receiver fitted to your control pack that might be helpful, and if you don’t it might be possible to rig up an esp to connect to the port directly - but that might not be worth the effort given that it might not solve your issue.

I got the right display.

I have that one too, but my cheap Chinese tub doesn’t have the Bluetooth speakers integrated with the Gecko controller. It’s a separate module. And the speakers are sh*t lol.

ok here its integrated