Gecko in.touch2 integration (Spa wireless remote control module)

awesome! what kind of hardware will i need to interface with the tub? rpi and some wires?

no, an in.touch transmitter and any old computer.

Hi gazoodle,

I’ve installed Gecko from HACS but it appears that the integration is not seeing my HotTub:-(
Should the Gecko section in Integrations show device and entities that it has created for HotTub?

The HotTub uses a Gecko intouch in.k300 and is working without issue in the Android app.

Error in log shown below:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 932, in _bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 870, in run
self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/geckolib/spa.py", line 282, in _ping_thread_func
self.refresh()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/geckolib/spa.py", line 311, in refresh
if not self.is_connected:
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/geckolib/spa.py", line 306, in is_connected
raise RuntimeError("Spa took too long to connect ...")
RuntimeError: Spa took too long to connect ...
2021-01-08 17:16:32 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.gecko] Exception during entry setup
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/config/custom_components/gecko/__init__.py", line 47, in async_setup_entry
while not facade.is_connected:
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/geckolib/automation/facade.py", line 68, in is_connected
if not self._spa.is_connected:
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/geckolib/spa.py", line 306, in is_connected
raise RuntimeError("Spa took too long to connect ...")
RuntimeError: Spa took too long to connect ...

Any help appreciated :slight_smile:

This perhaps? https://github.com/gazoodle/gecko-home-assistant/issues/5

Not sure how I missed seeing that but thankyou it looks like the same issue :slight_smile:

Now to see if I can exract the SpaPackStruct.xml file!

Anyone already extracted the SpaPackStruct.XML file?
I’m trying to file the instructions at the link above but am stuck with this error and not sure what to do?

I was interested in getting this working as my intouch2 is on order. Initially, I got the same error as you butin the IDE I clicked F4 and it opened a file dialogue box which I used to navigate to assemblies\InTouchLib_Generic.dll - I’ll attach the extracted file

(Note - in case it’s not obvious, I dont have my tub on the network yet to if the XML should contain datastructures based on that, it probably doesn’t :wink: )

My intouch2 turned up last week and I got this integration up and running quite easily. Thanks @gazoodle

Hi all. I’m very new to this and have tried to find a solution before posting. I’m running full HA on RPi. I got the gecko running today and installed the integration via HACS but I see no entities. Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I have failed to find it.

Anything in the logs ? If you have the ssh addon you could try looking under custom_components/gecko to confirm all the python scripts are present under there. I guess you’ve tried removing and reinstalling ?

I have sambashare and checked that way that everything is present. No errors in HA log but is there somewhere else I should check?

I tried re-starting, then removing and re-installing, then I turned off the iOS app and repeated the process. Same result each time. It’s installed ok as far as I can see and shows the mac address. Just no entities.

That’s the only log I know to check (I’m only 3 months in to HA) Any firewall between HA and the intouch ? (I downloaded the python libs onto a linux laptop and found they couldnt see the spa until I dropped the firewall )

You could also try asking a more generic question in one of the other sections like - ‘how to debug an integration not building entities’

Thanks, Tim. No firewall on RPi and I have plenty of other integrations running fine. It’s strange that it can communication with the gecko wifi to RF bridge fine as evidenced by the mac address showing correctly, but no entities. Must be something simple that I’m missing.

If you press ‘options’ they are all enabled right ? If so, maybe try enabling one at a time ?

Yes. Tried them all on, all off, one at a time. Refresh. Reload, etc.

Hi. if you want buy in.touch2 cheap. Gecko have replace program for replace in.touch1 for in.touch2. You just need found valid serial number not replaced :wink: just 125$ Can https://geckointouch.com/tradeup-disptach

you will see :

The serial number of your original in.touch is all you need to submit to be eligible to our trade up program.

You’ll find the serial number of your in.touch on the label located on the top of its control box.

Do not return your original in.touch unit. Please discard it at your local electronic recycling drop-off point.

Home assistant can not find the spa.

I have added the custom component using hacs, extracted the SpaPackStruct.xml and placed it in the \custom_components\gecko dir and when I try to add the integration using the HA UI I only get this response.

“No spas were found on your network. Please ensure you’re on the same LAN as the in.touch2 module and check the results against the iOS or Android apps.”

What could I try next? I can connect to the spa using the app.

I just have to say this is very appreciated. Thank you for sharing this with us. I was able to install it and have it working in about 2 minutes :). The only item missing for my swim spa is the switch for pump 3. Is there a way to add this?

Hi

Thanks very much for this.

Got it working nearly perfectly, however I have a bit of a strange issue.

After a random amount of time (sometimes hours others days) the temperature starts giving false spike readings from 35 - 38 degrees which then false triggers my heat pump. I have other probes which all read the same whilst this is happening and the control panel on the spa reads correctly so it sends to be a software issue.

Any help would be amazing thanks :slight_smile:

Gazoodle has been tied up for a while with other things. He has posted a couple of times in recent weeks to say that he’ll get back to this project at some point.

Also, those of us who have contacted Gecko Alliance to encourage them to make this easier, either with an official API or even just approved use of the SpaPackStruct, have met with no success.

Frustrating really, given that they have everything we need as a result of developing the integration for My Spa Control on voice assistants.