Geo Home Smart Meter integration

@Keyman3, I’ve just added the connectivity information.

The meter doesn’t give m3, so I haven’t added that. The conversion factor isn’t constant - it varies throughout the year, so I don’t want to just hard code a value.

Thanks

I’ll use HACS now and hope for the best

Looks like he integration for gas into the HA energy dashboard still isnt working for me :frowning:

Has anyone got this working in their config? I know this is a HA bug not the integration

@mmillmor I believe the meter only provides m3 hence the “* 11.3627 / 1000” in line 161 of geohome.py?

Blimey, you are right. I had forgotten ever doing that. I’ll add the original m3 too

Thanks @mmillmor

As @Tommy8884 mentioned, with the code in HACS I can’t get the gas meter reading in kWh to come up as a viable source for the energy dashboard. I have gone back to my code above and that sensor does show up.

I can’t see that many different attributes, I wonder if it is to do with the last_reset date I have set in my template for that sensor?

It’s simply due to a bug introduced when Water was added. See Can't add Gas Consumption with device_class energy · Issue #14292 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub

1 Like

The Gas m3 sensor is there now

Thanks @mmillmor

I’ve got the gas showing up in the energy dashboard after a quick manual edit of .storage/energy to flip it over to your sensor name. :+1:

He. Can you explain that please. What sensor name did you use and where did you do the edit.

Thanks

Home Assistant just fixed the gas sensor in the latest update. Just installed and working.

Cliff who runs customer support for Geo just asked me about this plugin when I was setting up the app, he’d never heard of it. Might be worth dropping them a line…

Did they seem pleased to be integrated in to such a great platform, or annoyed at the unaffiliated integration?

Just interested. There seemed to e no judgement.

1 Like

Thank you for making the integration. I’m very grateful.

interesting. I am updated to the latest version and i still cant add gas.sensor to the energy dashboard

I cant select gas.sensor for KWh and when i try M3 i get an error

Also latest geo home integration installed with HACS

I don’t think the gas kWh sensor fix has been done yet.

The gas_m3 sensor may just need to time to gather statistics. That message is a warning not an error. Add it and wait a few hours.

1 Like

@mmillmor would you consider changing the units for the price per kWh to GBP rather than GBP/kWh?

That would then make it consistent with the standing charge as that doesn’t have units of GBP/day and display with a £ prefix

I stopped home assistant then edited config/.storage/energy to change stat_energy_from for gas to be sensor.gas i then restarted home assistant

This is what my energy file looks like

{
  "version": 1,
  "minor_version": 1,
  "key": "energy",
  "data": {
    "energy_sources": [
      {
        "type": "grid",
        "flow_from": [
          {
            "stat_energy_from": "sensor.electricity",
            "stat_cost": null,
            "entity_energy_price": "sensor.electricity_price_per_kwh",
            "number_energy_price": null
          }
        ],
        "flow_to": [],
        "cost_adjustment_day": 0.0
      },
      {
        "type": "gas",
        "stat_energy_from": "sensor.gas",
        "stat_cost": null,
        "entity_energy_price": "sensor.gas_price_per_kwh",
        "number_energy_price": null
      }
    ],
    "device_consumption": [
    ]
  }

Obviously try that at your own risk!

1 Like

@Keyman3, I initially changed it to GBP instead of GBP/kWh, and home assistant complains when you pick it as the cost in the energy dashboard saying it’s the wrong units. That’s the way home assistant wants it to be I’m afraid.