Thank you so much for your reply
In the past I had a Samsung s8 with the HA app. I started this adventure by installing life360.
Then I read many opinions and post saying that this solution was not secure.
I migrated to owntracks. All was working fine with no issues whatsoever.
In my automation at this time the trigger for the geofencing automation was the device called S8
Then my servers (because of my stupidity) crashed and I rebuilt them and still all was OK with the automation. and was working fine…
MY S8 died, so I bought an S10 last january
On this device I installed the HA app and owntracks and configured the apps opn the S10 as it were on the S8. The only difference was the device ID which went from S8 to S10 in both owntracks and HA.
Since then, the geofencing solution never worked. Now it works thanks to your help.
My router has not changed from the time of the S8 to now. My asus also generated many entities in HA.
BTW my S10 is identified in my router as S10 as it is in HA and in owntracks.
IMHO, i do not now how to identify the issue, because the only item that changed in my environment is the phone.
BTW the S8 is still a device in HA
I did look in HA at the entities for each phone and compared them. For the most part the entities are the same with the exception of the phone ID. (S8 S10)
I would say that the entities relating to presence detection are identical .
Following your suggestion my geofencing now works wounderfully even triggering an other automation within it.
I have no clue what is casing the device S10 not acting as a triger for the automation
Thank you again for you assistance