Get the time of remaining automation OR get the time when automation ends

Hi,
is there any way to show when automation ends (I have one that runs with for time)?
Or how to have something (maybe template) that sums time when trigger was turned on (or automation was started) + input number?

Can you post your automation?

alias: Autoswitch
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: input_boolean.timer
    to: 'on'
    for: '00:{{ states(''input_number.time'') | int }}:00'
condition:
  - condition: state
    entity_id: light.bed_led
    state: 'on'
action:
  - service: light.turn_off
    target:
      entity_id: light.bed_led
  - service: input_boolean.turn_off
    target:
      entity_id: input_boolean.timer
mode: single

In short - I need lovelace to show remaining time or end time.

Just to clarify, your automation is not running at that point as you have a time delayed trigger.
The only way is to have another automation start a timer as soon as the Boolean is flipped.

That takes me back to original problem - I can’t use variable to set the timer duration.

the thing is there is no “remaining” or “end” time of the automation because the automation hasn’t even triggered until the “for:” time is met. At that point the automation triggers and is considered “running”.

but since your actions are a simple “turn_on” service the automation will complete it’s run in milliseconds so you won’t gain anything by know how long the remaining time is that the automation is going to run. By the time the card updates to show the time then the automation will have already completed running.

Now if you want to show how long it will be from the time that you flip on the boolean till the time the automation begins to run the actions then, well, it’s the value of “input_number.time”.

I’m really not sure what the end result is that you are after.

Are you just trying to figure out how to get a variable length “for:” delay time?