Geyserwise WIFI module integration (Request)

Looks very nice, love your boost function :slight_smile:

BTW, for the switch to indicate on, check that your value_template for the switch is correct, should be:

value_template: "{{ state_attr('sensor.geyserwise_stats', 'manualOn') }}"

I normally pop this in the Developer → Template section to see if the info is actually correct. If it doesn’t display correctly you may have a different name for the geyserwise_stats sensor?

Kind Regards,
Carel

My value_template is exact as you have it above. The switch works for turning the geyser on/off, but the switch lovelace button always shows off, as indicated in my image above, even though the Element turns on. I think its a delay timeout as the geyser takes anywhere between 10 and 50 seconds to actually turn on.

Developer → Template section shows the correct info when turned on and off, its just that silly button. Im reading more and looking at the option to create a text file where it writes a status on/off for further reference? dont know if im heading in the wrong direction ?

I changed the value_template to this and it seems to all be working:

value_template: "{{ is_state_attr('sensor.geyserwise_stats', 'geyserelement', 'on') }}"

This is great guys and has convinced me to give it a go, hopefully there willl be some further development in python and eventually an API from Geyserwise

Thanks for this guys. So glad there is people here that can assist in things like this.

I need a bit more assistance that I read through the guide and this post. I am honest to say I now the bare basics to these things and have been using the add-ons in HA for most of my test and only getting into the thick of things now.

So I have installed xampp to host the files locally and copied the github file into the htdocs directory. From here I need someone to help and take the steering wheel and drive me in the right direction. What else needs to be changed as I did add the first section of the guide to configuration.yaml but when checking the code it get’s errors.

Thanks in advance

Hi Folks, Geyserwise have now released an API, which I have integrated into. A simple REST interface

Go to the Geyserwise website. You should get a Pop-up. Simply follow those instructions for API access

2 Likes

Hi @moodiejo

Does the API allow you to set the controller settings - like timer settings, etc, as well as read the information (like temperature)?

I am thinking of purchasing a Geyserwise system but it has to connect fully (both ways - read and control) to Home Assistant otherwise it is a no go for me.

Also, if control is both ways - do you know if you can run the Geyserwise system without the display then?

Thanks!

Hi, I would suggest you get the latest API spec from Geyserwise, go to Geyserwise | RMA

On the website, you will receive a prompt, just follow the steps and the API Guide will be sent to you. (I have an outdated version, which I know has changed)

Then, you get 2 different versions of geyserwise, to use the API you need the WIFI version, and not the normal one. The WIFI version does not by default come with a ‘monitor’, however, I do feel you still need this, for a quick view, instead of opening the mobile, opening apps etc.

John

@moodiejo , Have you successfully implemented this via the API ? Could you share your implementation instructions ?

I received my API detauls from geyserwise but am no wiser on what to do with it.

Thanks

Any progess on this? Something I saw in another thread was that people are trying to intercept the signals going through the data cable from the control panel and the relay/thermostat. That would be the best option as it doesn’t even need to WiFi module.

Has anybody upgraded the Geyserwise Max to the Geyserwise Wifi module. It seems like it should be a drop-in replacement? Would the WiFi module support the existing Geyserwise Max control/display? It seems the installation instructions are essentially identical as an example.

It’s really so annoying that Geyserwise is ripping their customers off for the WIF version. If the CBI astute goes for less than R500 surely the Geyserwise WIF portion can be better priced especially if you’ve already invested in a 2x MAX’s like I had to for my solar.

are you able to share a link to the thread?

There is apparently an API available once you have the WiFi version. Looking to switch to it from a regular Max and want to know how to install the WiFi (and if I can continue using the control panel for the max).

1 Like

Yes, there is an API , when you visit the geyserwise site there is instructions in a popup on how to apply for the API for your unit. They email you the necessary API tokens etc. There is a DEMO link I posted in the first post of this thread if you want to see the online features available with the WIFI module

My Geyserwise Max bombed out and had to replace it anyhow, so I cannot confirm if you can use the existing Max, but give geyserwise a call , they will quickly confirm for you telephonically . 021 592 4903

1 Like

I’ve recently joined this thread with the intention of upgrading my normal Geyserwise Max and implementing a rest interface. I’ve since heard from Geyserwise that a Tuya-based plug and play replacement is due for release in September. Sounds promising.

3 Likes

that’s awesome. I just hope that they price it reasonably. Not like their current wifi model that costs 3k. Such a rip off especially if you already paid nearly 2k for the MAX excluding the installation. Yet competing products WIFI controllers are a 3rd of the price.

1 Like

Anyone work with Tuya already? Skeptical of anything that requires something to phone home. Would prefer simple local api on top of phoning home. I mean the Geyserwise has this issue already though. There does seem to be some local Tuya projects that can eliminate need for phoning home.

1 Like

Louis, I have done the upgrade from Geyserwise TSE to Wifi specifically to track temperature history. It is pretty much a drop-in replacement. I could not use the old TSE display because the new one comes with a 4 pin connector while the TSE one has a 3 pin. The TSE also does not have the PUMP button which the WIFI one has (not sure if the Max has it).
My Wifi one came with its own display so I just took out the whole TSE with display and connected the new one.
The GW online interface is not fantastic, so HA integration will help. I am researching it right now which is how I got to this thread.

Welcome to DM me if you want more info.

Good morning

Geyserwise have brought out a new IoT panel.
It comes with a WBR3 wifi module which cant be flashed so i removed it and replaced with a ESP8266 with my custom firmware. It works as a AP for you to connect to and then you enter your wifi and mqtt creds. You can then setup home assistant buttons to send commands. Works on the fly on your local network.

I reversed engineered and replicated the commands and listening to hex reads for data.

I have also setup automations to alert me of the errors that occur on the geyser system. Home assistant pushes a notification to myself and my wifes phones.

Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 08.29.13

Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 08.31.02

3 Likes

I wrote a solution for their new panel IoT. works on local network and instant feedback.