Geyserwise WIFI module integration (Request)

Hi there - do you mind sharing how to do this? I’m considering buying the new TSE IoT TUYA GW to replace my old GW TSE, but want to make sure I can pull all the data into HA and control temp and timers from HA

Hi

I received the replacement TUYA enable PCB, and before i change out the WiFi module, would you be able to share what configuration you used to read the various parameters?

I can see the various DPS strings via the TUYA IOT website, but have no idea how to “map” keywords to the strings. For other devices, the common ones are Voltage, Current etc.

"dps_strings": [
    "1 (value: False)",                                  --> Switch
    "2 (value: Timer)",
    "10 (value: 36)",                                   --> Current temp
    "13 (value: Off)",
    "20 (value: 0)",                                   --> Running time?
    "101 (value: Off)",
    "102 (value: 7)",
    "103 (value: 55)",
    "104 (value: 55)",
    "105 (value: 55)",
    "106 (value: 55)",
    "107 (value: 5)",
    "108 (value: 40)",                                    ---> Collector temp
    "109 (value: 0)"

thanks in advance

Kenneth

you can do it already with their api. I just didn’t bother adding this to hassio

I didn’t map everything, just the one’s I needed.
Screenshot_4
Screenshot_5
Screenshot_6
Screenshot_7
Screenshot_8

This tutorial helped me to do the local setup and map strings:
Link

I’ll list all the strings below to make it easy for you guys :wink:
1 - power/heating/element switch (on/off)
2 - mode (normal/holiday)
10 - geyser temp (temperature Celsius)
13 - element status only (on/off)
20 - fault code
101 - pump (on/off)
102 - solar differential (temperature Celsius)
103 - block 1
104 - block 2
105 - block 3
106 - block 4
107 - anti freeze temp (temperature Celsius)
108 - collector temp (temperature Celsius)
109 - element runtime (xxx hours)

see my reply to [Kenneth_Macrae] details are there, and you can watch the youtube video that helped me.

I haven’t tried it for those items because I’m not changing the values for those items all the time. I setup the values on the geyerwise board itself or on the tuya smart app and its done. Using local tuya you can definitely pull all of the info tho.

Thank you!

What did you initially set the geyser up as? A switch? (if you are using local Tuya)

Which Tuya integration are you using?

I am currently using Local Tuya (it acts like a local Tuya service and doesn’t require the Tuya servers), but this has its limitations in terms of successfully adding new DPs

I’ve found Tuya local, which i want to try out over the weekend, which seems more customizable.

Thanks again for sharing. I just need work to be done now so i can go test.

Kenneth

I’m posting this graph here as well to help anyone else who might run into this issue. I was getting high temp spikes in the collector temp. Reason for this is because the installer positioned the collector temp probe on the pipe so everytime I opened the hot water tap that temp probe would spike. To fix it, the installer moved the temp probe to the collector, where it actually was supposed to be installed. Now my water heats up nicely and I almost never have to turn the element on even on a cloudy day.
Screenshot_2

I initially setup it up using tuya cloud as that was the most straight forward but found out that it does not pull all the data like pump status, fault codes etc. I then setup it up using local tuya but still keeping the cloud setup. So I’m controlling my geyser from cloud but reading the sensor data from local tuya.
Screenshot_11

The dashboard that’s highlighted in red, that’s from the cloud setup and I use that to turn the geyer on and off manually if I need too. The solar works so well that I almost never need to turn it on :grin: The “geyser stats” dashboard is combing data from both the cloud and local setup and showing it on one dashboard.

Hi
I am having the same issue, also just getting the LWT=Online on MQTT Broker, but no further info/data.

Publishing ON also did not make any difference, have you been able to get yours working, I have also flashed, the .bin as downloaded and uploaded through the wifi without any luck.
All pins also checked with multimeter and I’m confident they connected correctly.
Thanks

Thanks again

I have the info i want in Home Assistant. I will play with the automation later, but your advice and the video certainly helped a lot

Kenneth

I don’t understand why you and @CptH4ppy are having issues. Here are some pics of my setup. I am using the bin file.

I have 6 solder points.

Maybe I should go get another board and do it again.

Ok. So it’s a length issue. I’m going to post a new bin version to my Git repo.

I’m going to purchase another geyserwise board and another wifi module and do it again for troubleshooting.

I’ll let you know when .BIN is up

Hi, I see the discussion on Geyserwise. Just to share how far I am with the integration to Tuya Local.

viv-01.

I see you are using a combination of Tuya Cloud and Local. Also your Local only has 4 x Parameters. Just to keep this as short as possible, I hace all 14 parameters from Geyserwise on Tuya Local and I use them in my HA .
I prefer not to modify the Gwise unit as I still have the full functionality on the Tuya App and can still control the GW from it.
The video is pretty good at creating multiple entities on a Device in local Tuya. As indicated above these are the 14 Entities I created (like the video indicates) and I have indicated my Chosen Entity Type.

If anyone cannot get all 14 entities please shout and I can assist.

Here are all the entities. All are direct control to the GWise module. IE. The sliders work to set the block temps and the Tank Temp and Collector temp are live… Also switch the Element ON and OFF (UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS) To keep this short I can explain in another post if someone requests

This is what I have put on my dashboard.

PS. I have a hot water solar collector on the roof hence the collector temp.

When I click on Block 1 the slider comes up and I can adjust the temp.

4 Likes

Thanks for your efforts. I installed the bin file as test on a D1 mini and it did exactly the same, I would hope to at least see unknown values for temperatures etc. on MQTT broker if it was working correctly. Is my thinking incorrect?
The D1 also only had the LWT=Online only showing on the MQTT Broker

So apparently it is adding more bits onto the 90 bits that should be coming through.

I’m not sure what the extra 8 are and would have to start fresh to check which I plan to do tomorrow.

My pcb is the same and nothing has changed so not sure why mine is working as data length is 90.

What I can do to make it work in the interim is to allow 98 bits and then remove the checksum method from checking if the data has changed before publishing to mqtt.

This means mqtt will receive data every loop instead of just when checksum has changed.

Let me know if this will be ok for you in the interim

I have the TSE panel, and there seem to be some minor differences in the DPs,

I have the PTC Element, but dont have the solar collector etc, so i see fewer DPs on the TSE (Only 12), here is what I have tracked down for the TSE panel

1 Like

I’m happy to try, thanks.
My alternative is to put old chip back but will avoid that as far as possible

So at first glance the one I have is version 1 and the pcb is different. This is odd.

I’m going to get values out later

Mine is bottom

Mine looks like the top one, the piece of the ESP sticking out at the top as well as that Tuya sticker with the date looks familiar