GoControl GC-TBZ48 Z-Wave Thermostat - Can't control setpoints?

Hey guys! As you may be aware… the GC-TBZ48 thermostat creates 2 separate entities, one for cool and one for heat… I couldn’t stand having two separate cards to control one thermostat so I created a custom Lovelace card based on the native card that allows you to control both the heat and cool entity on the same card!

Check it out and let me know what you think!

1 Like

Amazing. I will set this up later tonight hopefully. My current setup is using conditional cards to show/hide two different thermostat cards based on the operation mode. This is waaaay better! Thanks for all the hard work.

Not sure if this would be something that ever gets merged in to the base product considering it seems to be pretty specific, but maybe there are other thermostats with the same problem? But if that were the case I think it would be even more important for this to get fixed in openzwave. Until then, this is a great solution! Thanks so much.

Not sure how many thermostats have this “issue” which I’m not real sure that it is really an issue as having two separate entities allows you to set up a range in the Auto mode, so I don’t think this needs to be fixed on openzwave. Let know how the installation works out for you!

Still think while it’s operation mode set to “heat” only the heating entity should be controlled, and vice versa for cooling. Shouldn’t really affect the auto mode.

I agree that it might not be considered an issue, but when using this thermostat with Wink I was provided one entity to interact with. Now this was abstracted via the Wink API, but it was easy. If the thermostat was set to auto, it functioned like your card. If set to heat it only adjusted the heat set point. If cool just adjust the cool set point. It would be nice if openzwave provided that same abstraction.

1 Like

@cane54: thanks so much! This is what helped me! Instead of zwave.refresh_entity I used zwave.refresh_node.