Google assistant every thing from HA exposed after upgrading to .83

A lot of work to not expose everything…
I had the same issue after 83.2… I just needed to remove the domains, but the exposed_domain: line is still there…

About the ghost devices… Yes, that’s a common issue,Google knows about it, it does happen with Al kind of home control services… If it happens, you… Best practice is to remove the link, then also remove the empty rooms, then I sync, then link again, and sync again… Then ghost devices are gone…

Yeah the ghost devices only happened once and I have re-sync’ed probably 100 times in the last year…

For me it happened a lot… don’t know why…
But anyway, now it’s working fine, my Google setup is complete, don’t need to resend anymore :wink:

Just now when 83 came out :wink:

Not that much - I only added expose_by_default: false - that is the only change I made - everything else was already there. I expose a domain and then exclude entities in that domain I don’t want exposed.

yeah but I have 360 entities in total and 57 exposed, I am not going to spend 1 day excluding 300+ entities …

You don’t need to. Why would you need to?

copy / paste is your friend…

with expose_by_default: false you only need to set expose: true to the ones you want in Google

1 Like

I have entities that I need in all domains, so I have to expose all domains and then expose: false all the entities I do not want: 300+ of them

This was working until 0.82 (I think), it is not working now in 0.83.3. Some dev broke something that was perfectly working. Don’t understand why

Yes or add an expose domains for he specific domains and then exclude any individual entities…

I already have all the exposed entities listed anyway because I assign them to rooms. It’s a once off.

It’s working fine for me in 0.83.3…

The only thing I added in 0.83.3 was the expose_bt_default line… everything else was already there…

it works for you because, I think, you expose the domains. My config was like below and perfectly working until 0.82 (expose_by_default: false, and then expose: true under entity_config), or some recent changes (I can’t be sure about when was the change because I did not unlink/relink or sync since some time)

The dev changhed the logic, and broke it

project_id: !secret ga_project
api_key: !secret api-ga
expose_by_default: false
entity_config:
  light.yeelight_white_34ce00882e27:
    expose: true

anyway the above logic should work (but it’s not, I hope the dev restore it as it was): expose_by_default: false means nothing is exposed, and then in entity_config you expose the entities you want to be exposed

Yes , this logic was working in 82…
Just add this line also : exposed_domains:
But no domains after it, in my case, it worked w only the identity that I expose we’re visible, rest not

1 Like

tried it but did not work for me: added all entities again

Does anyone know how to stop google duplicating my entities

When I ask to turn on a a script I get activating two scene

It’s driving me insane

Yes, they are called ghost devices…

Unlink…
Then : sync my devices
Then delete any empty rooms
Then link again

1 Like

See here :