Google Calendar integration - entities suddenly unavailable

I’m unsure where to go from here. One day last week, my calendar entities (there are three) started to drop off after working for over a year. I deleted the integration and re-installed, first without deleting the auth keys and then with deleting. I went back through the OAuth setup in my Google account. The API page is showing requests from this morning.

I’ve deleted the .token file from the config folder; my understanding is that it’s no longer needed anyway.

The calendar API is enabled in the Google account. Here’s a log entry for the three calendars from a few minutes ago (XXXXX are calendar names):

Logger: homeassistant.components.google.calendar
Source: helpers/update_coordinator.py:322
Integration: Google Calendar (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:01:31 AM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:01:32 AM

Error fetching XXXXX data: Error communicating with API: Failed to parse component: 1 validation error for Event attendees -> 0 CalendarBaseModel.__init__() got multiple values for argument 'self' (type=type_error)
Error fetching XXXXX data: Error communicating with API: Failed to parse component: 1 validation error for Event attendees -> 0 CalendarBaseModel.__init__() got multiple values for argument 'self' (type=type_error)

Any ideas on why this might be happening?

3 Likes

Nope, but as of this afternoon my personal calendar for Google is also reporting this error. Other shared calendars coming in through the same account work fine, it looks like it chokes on one of the upcoming appointments.

So, I lost one, and then two… the third remained working until I removed the integration to try to fix the other two. Now all three are gone. So my recommendation is, maybe don’t touch it until we find a fix for the broken ones.

1 Like

I have been told that there will be a fix in the next upgrade.

2 Likes

That would be awesome.

Same issue here. From my log file:

`Logger: homeassistant.components.google.calendar
Source: helpers/update_coordinator.py:322
Integration: Google Calendar (documentation, issues)
First occurred: November 27, 2023 at 11:59:33 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: November 27, 2023 at 11:59:33 PM

Error fetching [email protected] data: Error communicating with API: Failed to parse component: 1 validation error for Event attendees → 0 CalendarBaseModel.init() got multiple values for argument ‘self’ (type=type_error)`

Any ETA on when that will be pushed?

1 Like

Also have this error. Anyone knows when we can expect an update? Really annoying - all family events suddenly not triggering from calendar…

+1, same issue here…

1 Like

Supposedly 2023.12.

Same iusse here. Waiting for fix…

I’ve just installed Core 2023.12 and my calendar sensors are all back from being “unavailable.”

4 Likes

I am on 2023.12.1 and I am still seeing the issue.