Google Dark Theme -- JuanMTech

I just updated this and the media player card is white now. Running HA 0.113.1 and Google dark theme 1.7.

Yeah because JuanTech removed the old deprecated variable before the custom card makers reacted to the change (for no good reason).
2 ways to fix for now… Either revert the theme to the previous version (which restores the one line of code he deleted) or do a search and replace on the js card for the mini-player. and whichever option you choose, please head over to the repo for the card and add a me too to the issue I created.

i just installed that dark theme, first time playing with themes
but i need to remove the 2 spaces in all lines, indent all to left, otherwise it doesnt load the theme

why is that ?

what exactly did you change in the media player card? i still have white when the receiver is OFF

thnx

Do a search for the old variable and replace with the new one.

strange, i have it like this; but still white :

background: var(–ha-card-background, var(–card-background-color, white)

Should be 2x - signs… --card-background-color
OR just add the variable back in the theme.

perfect, added it back to theme, now its dark again

1 Like

what did and where did you add back to the theme to fix the white issue ?

i used version 1.6

Is it me or don’t I understand anything of this. Can’t this change just be deployed in the next update of the theme?

I’ve just installed this theme and I am really happy with it. However I do have one question. How do I get different colors to appear for chart lines on my Sensor cards (as shown in the original screenshots)? All of mine appear orange. I’m guessing this may be an additional plugin or something else?

Found it.
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/lovelace-mini-graph-card/71385

It’s not a problem with the theme it is a problem with the custom card. The theme developer (prematurely) removed a variable still being used in custom cards but it is the custom card is what needs to be updated, not the theme. It was a poorly timed rush to change something with no benefit…

1 Like

Thank you for the explanation. I’ll stick around and wait then. :grin:

I installed with HACS, restarted and the theme doesn’t appear in any profile. Is there a trick to showing this?

Hi, I can’t find anything in this thread regarding changing the color of active icons. They appear grey when they are turned on and blue when they are turned off. How do I change the grey to a yellowish?
Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-05 um 12.24.36

1 Like

Did you find out how to change? Because i am looking for that exact same thing.

No unfortunately not :confused:

1 Like

Hey @JuanM - nice theme!

Question though, how are you doing the live icons for the people cards?