Google Geocode Custom Component - GPS to Street Address

Anyone have an idea?

It’s strange it should still work. I had a look over Google’s api docs and the language and Hebrew code are still the same. Sorry I can’t be of help

In google it work.
But in the new sensor.py if I change the componot dosent load

i got it to work.
the same thing.

My Google trail will expire soon. What is alternative for Google?

Places

Does anyone know the cost of this after the trial period ends.

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/geocoding/usage-and-billing

I would like to have another order of the sensor values.

As it is now, for me:

Street number, street and last city.

What I’d like to do is switch the places of Street number and street, any ideas?

I need some help with a API key. When following the instructions for creating one, something probably went wrong and I didn’t get one presented.
So I enabled it myself, but don’t know if I checked 2 rights one(s). Now I’m getting this error for the sensor : This API project is not authorized to use this API.

Below API’s are active:

First I had only places checked, but that did not work neither, any idea how to get this working?

Fixed it by removing both APIs and started from the beginning as described on Github

Completed the steps for the Community install and set up a API and sensor but in Lovelace getting ‘Awaiting Updates’

Any ideas on what I can check please.

nice :slight_smile: I use google maps. had to go on the free trail to get the API any one know know if this is right…

Hi @ michaelmcarthur
How can I set the global scan_interval to something other than the default?
I see in the google platform that it polls a lot

Also, is there a way to control time range to poll or time range not to poll? For example, during the night I don’t need to poll for location.

The component already does this. Every 60 seconds it runs. Every time your gps coordinates change the component makes a google api call. If you are in one of your zones eg home or work it does not call the api. This saves on api calls and keeps below the api limit before any charges are issued.

Hey @michaelmcarthur, thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

But how can I control the scan_interval?
Will this work to scan every 5 minutes?

• platform: google_geocode
    origin: device_tracker.XXX
    name: Me
    options: street_number, street, city
    gravatar: [email protected]
    api_key: XXX
    scan_interval: 300

Another nice feature to have would be to be able to define a radius.
Device location depends on device accuracy - and so sometimes when the device is in the same location, but it reports different lat/lon values.

Being able to define a radius, will allow to “assume” same place in terms of should we call the API, like a dynamic zone

So, say the defined radius is 20m, I leave my home zone. A new location is received and is considered the circle center.
60 seconds later another location is received but it is within 10m from the center, so it is ignored.
60 seconds later another location is received but this time it is within 25m from the center, so it is not ignored and is now the new circle center.

Think that would work?

Hi guys. This is an awesome integration! Thanks @michaelmcarthur michaelmcarthu

Is there a way to show the address from Google Geocode in the person’s information (instead of the Latitude and Longitude) when clicking the person badge?

Thanks

+1
It would be very nice to be able to set this up as a device_tracker for a person.