Google Geocode Custom Component - GPS to Street Address

Not working either with that format are we missing the manifest.json ? I created one but still no luck

Yes, I corrected the breaking change to custom components when it was first changed. Something broke between 0.92 and 0.91.4.

Did you put the manifest in the google_geocode folder or the sensor folder? I have not updated my config yet so canā€™t test yet.

It looks like there is issues with other custom components moving to 0.92. Issue has not been fully resolved on this post

Yes I did, but not working other custom components are working fine ā€¦

have you tried adding an empty __init__.py file to the folder for the custom component

Iā€™ve rolled back to 0.91.4. Iā€™ll wait until they get the custom components fixed.

I have just updated to 0.92. I added the manifest.json file in my google geocode folder and everything worked as it should.

My file structure is custom_components>google_geocode
In that folder I have my hass generated pycache folder, manifest.json file and sensor.py file

My manifest.json file looks like this.

{
  "domain": "google_geocode",
  "name": "Google Geocode",
  "documentation": "https://github.com/michaelmcarthur/GoogleGeocode-HASS",
  "dependencies": [],
  "codeowners": [],
  "requirements": []
}
2 Likes

Does not work for me. Created a manifest file. But neither .yaml nor .json works.
What could be wrong?

try creating an empty __init__.py file in the same directory as the component
thats a double underscore before and after init

The name should be manifest.yaml or manifest.json?

It should be manifest.json. Iā€™ll
Correct my previous post

Ok, correctā€¦

Has anyone else managed to get the component to work?

If you are having issues can you post your error log? Thanks

All right here, after the manifest.jso file. Tks

1 Like

I added a manifest similar to yours and it works.
Thank you

1 Like

Ok, even I rolled back , I managed anyway to make the component work now.
Interesting thing: I got two warnings now after the restart:

Fri Apr 26 2019 17:01:06 GMT+0200 (MitteleuropƤische Sommerzeit)

You are using a custom component for google_geocode.sensor which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant

and
Fri Apr 26 2019 17:01:06 GMT+0200 (MitteleuropƤische Sommerzeit)

You are using a custom component for google_geocode which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.

The Google.geocode error is normal as itā€™s a custom component. The google.geocode.sensor looks like it think there is another custom component named google.geocode.sensor. Thatā€™s strange, Iā€™m not sure why thatā€™s happening.

Maybe completely unrelated, but the Google device_tracker includes the same (address) attribute.

Thanks @michaelmcarthur

All good here after adding a blank ā€œinit.pyā€ and ā€œmanifest.jasonā€

Ok, so there is definitely a difference between 0.91.4 and 0.92.0/1 causing issues with this component. Iā€™ve got everything set up properly with the init.py and manifest.json. Iā€™ve made sure Iā€™ve got the latest version of the geocode script. If I disable the component 0.92 loads fine. If I enable it, HA freezes during startup, never finishing. Iā€™ve verified it to be this component causing my hang by disabling every custom component I have and trying to start 0.92 with only one of them enabled. The only one that causes the hang is google_geocode. If I roll back to 0.91.4 without changing anything in the config, everything loads fine.

Problem is, the log gives no error for me. It just stops.