Google Home/Assistant component stopped working (nothing changed!)

Hi!

I’m on the latest Hassio release. I’ve been working with the Google Assistant component according to this guide. I did migrate to the new setup after 0.80.

It all was working fine, but suddenly, I’m always getting the “Hassio is not working” error from Google Home. So I can’t control the devices, although I see them on my Google Home app, under “home control”. I haven’t changed anything on any YAML file. And I don’t get anything related on the log.

Any ideas? Thanks

There is new setting change. See the instruction guide down below of the link page.

Thanks, but as I said before, I already went through the new setup process. You just pasted the same link I mentioned on my previous message :wink:

1. Unlink your [test] name from your phone.
  2. Go to google console and modify accordingly.
  3. SAVE google console setting.
  4. TEST Button to enable what you just setting in google console.
  5. Back to your phone and link the [test] name.

I did all that when I migrated from the old setup to the new one. It all was working fine, but suddenly… nothing!

In the google console, go into simulation again and enable it and try again.

Tried that before, no luck. Now I have another problem… I unlinked the app and tried to relink it. Now I always get this error message:

“Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from XX.XX.XX.XX”

Thanks

make sure you don’t have an IP_BAN yaml file…

I don’t have that file :frowning: I also added the IP to trusted_networks, but still no luck…

The new setting of google assistant allowing your [test]name to connect directly to your home assistant. Check your login setting in configuration, the username and password as when you click to link the [test]name, this will show home-assistant login page for you to login by username and password, trust-networks and etc. Once you put in correct then your google assistant will link directly to you home-assistant.

1 Like

I did that already. I get the error message after I enter my user/pass and get redirected to Home Assistant. Then I get this:

https://monosnap.com/direct/KTuhiAngaZ8Dm86zLE7sWS62ue0uoC

Thanks!

I just updated hass and have the same problem you described :frowning:

followed the same instructions but the app will not link to the new project.

I see it mentions something about a html5 on the home screen which I removed but it appears to be acting this way?

this is my problem (but i dont have hass setup on my home screen):

If you’ve added Home Assistant to the home screen, you have to first remove it from home screen, otherwise, this HTML5 app will show up instead of a browser. Using it would prevent Home Assistant to redirect back to the Google Assistant app.

just fixed my problem…I had to update my url in the Actions section of https://console.actions.google.com/

My fault, i recently setup caddy and changed my domain name.

hope this helps

@MarceCastro have you solved it?

I still haven’t found a fix. But I do think I know what’s causing the issue… My Let’s Encrypt cert is expired, and there’s an issue with the DuckDNS addon:

As soon as I get that fixed I’ll report back!

Fixed! I need to remove “/ssl” from the config in the DuckDNS addon:

“lets_encrypt”: {
“accept_terms”: true,
“certfile”: “fullchain.pem”,
“keyfile”: “privkey.pem”

Now the certificate renews automatically and Google Home is back!

1 Like

Nice for you bud, but i already had that config…

No idea, then. Is your cert valid?