Google map integration with Home Assistant

Hello friends, can anyone help me to how to configure google map with home assistant. I tried what writen on home assistant page, but I couldn’t make it well, maybe I did something wrong.
The Home assistant page related to google map is

This is on Log file mentioned:
Screenshot 2023-10-06 132443

Thank you in advance

1 Like

There haven’t been any replies, but did you manage to fix it?

Actually I tried many things and it works but not recommended at all. I delete it directly as it sometimes load and others not. Try other things and if you find something good please let me know. Thank you

I’ve been using Google Maps for location/battery level tracking for a few years now. Here’s an old post of mine how I was able to get it working:

1 Like

FYI, I created a custom version of the integration that brings it up to date with HA standards and generally fixes and improves on the standard integration. It is available as a custom integration, at least for now. In addition to code changes, I’ve also added detailed instructions for obtaining a cookies file which has been tested on multiple browsers. And the custom integration also makes it easier to get the file onto your system.

You can find out more about it at:

Enhanced Google Maps Integration - Share your Projects! / Custom Integrations - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

I struggled with the Maps integration for so long. I followed all the steps and it would work for a few hours and die. I think part of my problem was I used the same google account for location sharing and backup to google cloud. I wonder if that was logging out the session for location sharing. Something I discovered could happen from reading pnbruckner’s excellent notes on his alternative google location sharing integration.
Anyway I finally ditched it and installed the above (GitHub - pnbruckner/ha-google-maps: Custom Home Assistant Google Maps Integration). Why the heck didn’t I do it sooner. It is everything the stock integration should have been. I set it up alongside the stock integration but 48hrs later I had stripped out the old one. It just works! @pnbruckner Phil - thank you so much!

2 Likes