Google maps integration not updating

In the past week or so, I’ve noticed my google maps integration isn’t updating the latest locations. My family all share their location with and I extract the cookies from my login session to maps (this has worked just for about a year since I set it up)

If I gather a new set of cookies and restart, the location gets update but people remain at those locations. Occasionally, but not always, after restart I get ‘The cookie file provided does not provide a valid session’ (Which then requires me get a new set of cookies, restart etc)

I took a look at Issues · home-assistant/core · GitHub but I don’t see anything matching

Thanks.

After multiple attempts to install the cookies, it seems to be working again.

What did you do? I am facing the same issue and no matter what I try I get maps to work for short period of time, but then either location gets stuck or after a restart again no more google maps integration and I get an error that Cookie is not valid. I tried Chrome, FireFox and reset all cache in both. works for short period of time, but then gone.

Have a read of this thread - https://community.home-assistant.io/t/google-maps-location-sharing-problems

I gave up and put the companion app on their phones.

In case you’re still interested in using Google Maps, I have a custom version that addresses many of the shortcomings in the current built-in integration. I also provide detailed instructions for obtaining a cookies file. You can find more information about it at:

Enhanced Google Maps Integration - Share your Projects! / Custom Integrations - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)