Google Maps Location Sharing not updating

Is anybody else having problems with the Google Maps Location Sharing component. it works ok when i restart Hassio but it does not update the location after that getting error.

Error setting up platform google_maps
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/init.py”, line 184, in async_setup_platform
disc_info)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/google_maps.py”, line 36, in setup_scanner
scanner = GoogleMapsScanner(hass, config, see)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/google_maps.py”, line 55, in init
self._update_info()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/google_maps.py”, line 68, in update_info
dev_id = 'google_maps
{0}’.format(slugify(person.id))
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/util/init.py”, line 43, in slugify
text = normalize(‘NFKD’, text)
TypeError: normalize() argument 2 must be str, not None

I’m having same error and no update.
I saw other threads with some other people with this issue.

No news from me, still same problem even if I remove the .google_maps_location_sharing.cookies in the config folder.
See https://community.home-assistant.io/t/google-maps-location-sharing/15155/348

I’m not the only one then.
Thanks

https://github.com/costastf/locationsharinglib/issues/21

I’m having the same issue as well. Haven’t figured out a fix yet.

Im having the same issue, anyone managed to workaround?

Same problem. I’m only getting accurate location when Hass restarts. Any fix for this?

Take a look at this thread. Google Maps location sharing - New thread

See radeon’s Google Maps location sharing - New thread

Here’s how I fixed mine.
My kids went out of state for a while where they have poor to no cell signal. Knowing about this apparent bug of phones reporting bad location info and it keeping all/some Google Maps devices from being tracked, I unshare my kids phone location to my HA Google account used for device tracking. This fixed the issue for my phone and it’s being tracked again now. I could see in the logs that the 3 devices were reporting location info, but my kids info was formatted oddly compared to my phone’s info.