Google Maps Location Sharing Suddenly Not Working

Hi,
My location sharing worked for more than one year perfectly and suddenly stopped 2 weeks ago.
I did a lot of research in here but could´nt find a solution by now.

HA-Version is: 0.96.5

My working setup was created as demanded by the official tutorial. I created a seperat Google Account and shared the location to this account. I even had the google time travel sensor up and running all this time.

The error message:

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Error setting up platform legacy
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/setup.py", line 76, in async_setup_legacy
    tracker.see, discovery_info)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/google_maps/device_tracker.py", line 39, in setup_scanner
    scanner = GoogleMapsScanner(hass, config, see)
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/google_maps/device_tracker.py", line 60, in __init__
    self._update_info()
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/google_maps/device_tracker.py", line 72, in _update_info
    for person in self.service.get_all_people():
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/locationsharinglib/locationsharinglib.py", line 439, in get_all_people
    people = self.get_shared_people() + [self.get_authenticated_person()]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/locationsharinglib/locationsharinglib.py", line 400, in get_shared_people
    for info in output[0]:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

I would really appreciate your help!

Lol you need to get better at research :grin: this has been discussed on a number threads at great length.

You’ll need to upgrade to v0.97, you then need to use an external script to authenticate and download the necessary cookie which you copy to your config folder.

Instructions in the linked thread.

Thank you so much eggman!

I managed to get the cookie the same way, described in this post.

This took me, including installing python and pip on windows 10, about 15 minutes.
The only thing I can say to my defence :wink: is, that version 0.97 came out like yesterday or something. But nevermind, thanks again!

Aye, but the issue has been being discussed long before that with whatever info was available on a fix. 0.97 has just made it a little easier.

Glad you got it going