Google Wifi Integration (Custom Component)

For me, I needed to remove the OnHub integration, after that Google Wifi showed up in this list:
Configuration > Devices > ADD INTEGRATION

I am running into this error currently and I am seeing that the github.com/djtimca/hagooglewifi is giving a 404 error. Has anyone’s integration failed or is anyone else having issues installing this? This would be a killer integration…

Today, I needed to change my google password. Since that change, my Google Wifi integration is not loading and HA error logs indicate an inability to authenticate.

I can’t seem to find any direction on how to re-authenticate my Google Wifi integrattion in this situation. Could anyone advise me?

Thanks in advance!

Hi. I have 2 houses with Google Wifi that I manage using the same Google credentials - one is at my in-laws’ place actually. Is there a way to constrain the scope within a particular HA instance to just one of my Google Wifi setups?

Thanks for all your work on this, Tim!

I have successfully installed the custom component via HACS and have been able to generate a refresh token. However when I click submit I receive the following error message:

[%key:common::config_flow::error::cannot_connect%]

Any help appreciated.
Paul

1 Like

Have you been able to solve it because I have the same problem?

1 Like

Just bumping to see if there is any movement here. We have some longer term senior guests and I’d like to refine my home automations to better track their home presence. Maybe I just get them on normal Wifi and not guest network?

Hey! Did you ever find the solution to this issue? I’m getting the exact same errors.

1 Like

Also getting the same error. I’m the owner of the WiFi.

1 Like

I am having trouble getting oauth_code, When I use the extension and try to login to my google account I get an error screen that says Google couldn’t confirm this attempt to sign in is safe. If you think this is a mistake, you can close and try again. No matter what I try I get this error. Tried Macbook Pro and Windows 11 Laptop same probem, any help please?

1 Like

I was just about to try this plugin for the first time, and I get the exact same error as above while trying to get my Google refresh token.
Probably nothing the dev here can do anything about, but maybe someone has any tip on how to acquire a token these days, since this addon requires one?

The error I’m getting from Google is “Google couldn’t confirm this attempt to sign in is safe. If you think this is a mistake, you can close and try again to sign in.”.
Google’s solutions to sign-in issues like this from third party apps, seems to be to get the app to “switch to a more secure sign-in technology”.
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/9267052

2 Likes

Same here…

1 Like

I’m having this issue too. Any solutions yet?

Copying working (today) solution I found here for token generation: Tool to generate auth token no longer works. ¡ Issue #80 ¡ djtimca/hagooglewifi ¡ GitHub

generation of the token is possible again with latest Chrome plugin.
But it does require manual download (GitHub - AngeloD2022/onhubauthhelper: Chrome Extension to Assist in Authorizing Accounts to the OnHub API → Get Code → Unzip) and manual installation in Chrome (browse to: chrome://extensions/ → enabled developer mode and press button ‘load unpacked’ to manually load an unpacked Chrome extension).

Please see comment above linked here for working (today) solution for token generation: Google Wifi Integration (Custom Component) - #195 by applesauc3 (duplicating comment in order to tag other folks that mentioned experiencing the same issue above)

CC @TheRealFalseReality / @evoluto

1 Like

Hi,
I installed the integration and retrieved the refresh token from the wrong google account.
I would like to add the correct refresh token for the correct account howe do I do this?

Thanks
Paul

The extension no longer works in 2023 due to the change to Manifest V3 is it possible to update it?

Yep seeing the same thing. Hope this gets fixed.

The extension no longer works in 2023 due to the change to Manifest V3. Do you know what the fix would be for this?

What is the current status of the Google Wifi integration? The authentication link does not work.