Got a new tuya door bell

I use the Smart Life app.

I do not understand, I now also use the smart life app but still do not see the doorbell in conditions !! Maybe I have to change a setting somewhere? :smile: :upside_down_face:

Thank you for the idea! I documented it here. Posting here too because this topic comes up in top position in Google.

Hello guys,
I just found this other solution on github: https://github.com/tuya/tuya-home-assistant/issues/673#issuecomment-1238447208

1-Connect to your account Tuya IOT Platform with your PC, create a virtual switch for light in Tuya IOT (i take the neutral + line zigbee) in “Cloud > Devices > All Devices > button Add Devices”
2-you will have a QR code then go tu your Tuya App on phone, in my home" right corner up click “+” then again right corner up QR code symbol, flash the QR code with your phone on the PC screen, the switch is now link to the App and you have a virtual switch in HA.
3-Still in the App phone, create an automation : when doorbell button is press…then…virtual switch put on…wait 2 seconds…then put virtual switch off…DONE!

I added this virtual light switch > China Standard Smart Wi-Fi Dimming Switch Factory

Hope this can help while tuya didn’t expose the button event from door bell.

1 Like