Govee BLE Thermometer/Hygrometer sensor

I have a two story house about 1600sq/ft total, my rPi is on the second floor and H5075 scattered around the house. The range hasn’t been an problem for me and bought a few extras to place in the basement because the wifi for Shelly HT sensors was getting interrupted but think the BLE signal will reach the top floor. This may not work for you home depending on layout and possible interference but the range is descent. The only advice I can give is to buy one and test out the range by placing it in different places around the house, buy more if it works.

Hi again, I run Ubuntu on my Home Assistant, not pi. If my host does not have a builtin bluetooth receiver, and if need to get a USB bluetooth dongle, do you have a recommendation?

I’m using a ZEXMTE Bluetooth USB Adapter CSR 4.0 with Ubuntu (home assistant core in a docker container) and it works fine.

$8 at Amazon https://amazon.com/gp/product/B0775YF36R/

Some have reported benefits from using a short USB extension to move the adapter away from the computer itself, but I haven’t found it necessary. Positioned in the center lower level of my home, it picks up sensors from all over, including inside my fridge/freezer & chest freezer. The only time I’ve had some inconsistency is if the fridge sensor gets wedged between a bunch of liquids or metals. Repositioning it in the fridge resolves that.

Martso, thank you for sharing what works for you. So just plug this in and no need to install drivers and should work?

Correct, if you’re using any Ubuntu release within the last few years, it’s included in the standard kernel.

This works very well. I bought one and it’s awesome! I will buy more.
Also, is there any way to round off to whole digits, no decimals??

Rounding is done on the raw value which is measured in Celsius. If you display the temperatures in Fahrenheit then there isn’t a way to display just whole values using the sensor itself. You would need to find a UI component that supports rounding.

I bought 7 more (H5072), but now 3 are not showing any values (“unavailable”). One was working but after a reboot, it became unavailable. The Govee app sees all of them and works fine. The other two are like less than 10 feet from my HA server. Not sure why it’s not working. I restarted HA and rebooted my host several times.

Which sensor version are you using? Are you 100% sure the MAC addresses are correct for the devices that have always been unavailable? I do not own a H5072 but the internals are similar to the H5075. Occasionally, it may take a few minutes to register all of them if there is a lot of BLE noise.

I’m using all H5072 sensors. I triple check the MAC addresses and yes I’m 100% sure those are the correct addresses but not sure why they are showing unavailable. It’s strange. The Govee app did not prompt for any firmware updates so I guess the firmware on these is the latest version.

Which version of the Govee BLE sensor are you using? v0.5?

I have been testing a new version, v0.6 beta, which uses a lighter weight library. I just happened to open a ticket about half an hour ago requesting owners of H5072 to test this version. Could you try the beta version to see if all of your devices appear? It may need another reboot after installing, there have been quirks with the dependency not installing correctly.

Oh you meant the HA Govee Integration version? I’m using 0.5. Sorry I have no way to test 0.6 right now. I’m away from my server.

I tested 0.6 R2 works well on the 5072 sensors

For anyone trying to find the MAC address using an Apple computer: Use packetlogger.app

It is available here, under additional tools for XCode

How did you search for it? I entered the mac address in the SEARCH field but nothing came up. I tried with colon and without.

All of the sensors are now appearing with v0.6 R2 and updating regularly?

Yes! Good job. Thanks!

Glad to hear. I will release that version tomorrow.

I’m sorry I don’t understand. I’m using this tool to search for the unknown mac address. All I did was press the play button on the top left to begin scanning, and then within the bluetooth traffic I found the H5075.

One thing I noticed after the 0.6 upgrade was the RSSI of all sensors are showing the same value -62. Before the upgrade, I think the RSSI was more accurate because they were showing different values, and the farther they are from the host, the higher the RSSI value was. Not sure why.