Govee integration

@tango259 @Neekster

So I have a space heater from Govee, and it didn’t automatically show up on discovery like the rope lights I installed did. It would seem it isn’t compatible with the integration that i have as it stands.

It would be nice to have the ability to turn it on and off based on a temperature sensor in the room with the heater.

Correct. The appliances (Purifier, heater, etc) don’t work with the API, and therefore don’t show up in HA.

Hi,

I was able to download the integration from the store, but I am unable to select it when I go to config > Installations. Im using home assistant os on a NUC. Do I need to manually install it?

Thanks

Control shift r worked. Duh.

Blockquote

Thanks a lot for making this!

I have an H6199 (the Immersion Wi-Fi TV Backlights w/camera) and tried using Alexa to also set the modes, but it has the unfortunate habit of always setting Video Mode to Partial & Game instead of leaving what I set in the Govee app (Full & Movie).

Has anyone had any luck with other ways of setting Modes? In Alexa I don’t have any place to set the parameters of the Video Mode…am tempted to try this: Obi2000/GoveeAPI: A python/gatttool API to control Govee lights. (github.com).

I have 2 govee light strips. The numbers are: H613B3A1DE | ‎H61020A1DE and both can’t be found. So I think these are not supported yet? Or is there any way to get them into HA?
My glides are working fine!

I believe that both of your devices are Bluetooth only. This integration only works with Govee devices that support Wi-Fi.

Could really use some help getting the Govee flood lights into home assistant.
Model: H7060(4PACK) & H7061(2PACK)
I have the H7061 and confirmed with Govee that it is supported by the API.
I have installed the integration just fine, but the lights do not show up.
I confirmed they have an IP address on my router.
Any suggestions please?

I added the repository, restarted my Home Assistant instance and I do not see the integration to add. I’ve restarted a few times, and redownloaded too. I’ve also checked that everything is up to date version-wise in my install. Any tips? Thanks.

Hard refresh.

Got the below installing from HACS on HA 2022.3.5. Something wrong on my end or is the integration not supported on the latest version of HA yet?

2022-03-22 23:41:36 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] <Integration LaggAt/hacs-govee> timeout() got an unexpected keyword argument 'loop'
2022-03-22 23:41:36 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] No manifest.json file found 'custom_components/None/manifest.json'

Would love to see support for scenes/modes like in HomeBridge plugin from @bwp91 discussed earlier. Maybe one day it can be ported to this HA component. :crossed_fingers:

Govee has this smart fan that can be controlled from their app. Does anyone know if this custom component support it or it will in the future?

Amazon.com: Govee 36 Inch Tower Fan with WiFi App Control, Smart Fans with 8 Fan Speeds, Normal Sleep Nature Mode, 75° Oscillating Quiet Cooling Fan, Standing Fan with Auto Mode, 24H Timer for Home Bedroom Office : Home & Kitchen

3 Likes

I had problems with the H6159 LED not showing RGB Controls as some others ( @tmchow )mentioned here. I fixed this by updating the LED Strip using the official govee app. After updating I reload the govee Integration in HA and did a restart of HA and now the RGB control works as in the screenshots.
I signed up here just to write this so I hope this helps!

Govee is making changes to the rate limits of their API, now it’s 10 requests per minute for DeviceList and 10 requests per minute per device for the device control and query device state. They sent an email about it recently.

Will there be an update to the integration to account for this?

When you setup the device it asks you to enter the refresh interval, AFAIK as long as you set it to 6 seconds (60 / 10 = 6) you should be good.

I noticed that if I completely delete the integration and restart, then add it back and add the govee light strip, it’s old name is recognized. I’m taking this to mean that some of the config or knowledge of the device is cached somewhere even though i’m turfing the integration.

How do I completely blow away all knowledge of the govee light strips that were previoulsy added so I can truly start fresh? (I’m trying to solve issue where my light strip’s RGB capabilities aren’t properly discovered)

I realized after I posted that, it’s pulling device info directly from Govee. So I deleted the led strip in the Govee app and readded it. No luck, HA still doesn’t expose RGB controls.

Can someone who has a Govee RGB light strip that has it successfully working to control RGB colors, post the contents of their govee_learning.yaml file?

Long time no read… hope you 're all fine! :slight_smile:

Just wanted to tell you I released a new version - nothing big, just changes I made some time ago and never published.

Thanks go to

• Neekster (github), for providing better english than mine,
  • chriscn (github), for fixing some attributes, and
  • LeandroIssa (github), providing an Brazilian Portuguese Translation
  • pbavinck (github) put a lot of effort in the underlying python-govee-api project, including MAC compatibility, typos and bug fixes.
  • Also special thanks for all supporters on https://www.buymeacoffee.com/
  • And thank you all for using this integration, 1700 installations on Home Assistant’s analytics is just: wow!

New version is 0.2.2, just deployed and available to you soon. :smiley:

3 Likes

I just updated and it stopped working so I uninstalled and tried a fresh install. Downloaded the repo through HACS but after the restart the repo isnt showing in HACs or in the integrations list available to install through HA. Tried installing the old version that was working and the same thing. Any ideas?

1 Like

Hi, what did stop working? Do you have logs?

1 Like