Govee integration

How do you use it with out CL install? Can’t get HACS to work with your repo.

Hi everyone,
Have you encountered integration problems today?
I delete the integration after new device pairing.
After reboot, I tried to add it again with an old one and new one API key (recived today), The message that appears is “Cannot connect. Is the API-Key correct and the internet connection working?”

Any idea or solution?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi,

I have a H615B that was working fine but, I don’t know if it’s coincidental, since I updated HA to 2022.10.5 it stopped working.
I tried disabling the integration for 24h, request a new API and increase the limit to 120 requests but nothing worked. Any ideas?

Hopefully this helps someone here:

While the govee integration is and was appreciated (thanks to the devs) i just cut the strips off of their controllers and bought these zigbee controllers and some solderless connecters and deleted the integration. i now have fast response to my lights and no API issues due to Govee.

Im sure this wont work in all cases depending on how much youve sank into govees environment already but i only had 2 strips and this was worth the money to prevent the headache.

6 Likes

I think that’s actually an amazing solution, I just feel bad for the animation and modes the govee lights have, you’ll lose them doing so.
Nevertheless, gg!

wonder if i can do this to their new outdoor lights… (permanent holiday lights)

Is it possible to choose different govee light scene in HA or only mobile app can do this?
Right now I have option to turn govee lights on/off in HA.

2 Likes

keep in mind youll lose the Govee scenes. The permanent holiday lights is the one thing i think i would leave on the integration and as is if i were in your shoes

I was wondering, is there any way existing, or could there be a way to add bluetooth Govee LED devices, such as the H6125 ?

3 Likes

I have two Govee lights (H7062 and H6066). When I installed and configured this integration, it recognized and brought both of them in without a problem. The next day, the entire integration was unavailable and the error log said it was for a query limit exceeded (2 lights and the default 10 sec polling). So, I gave it a day and reloaded the integration. That appeared to work except now it recreated both light entities, but kept the two original entities as well (i.e. I have 4 entities for 2 lights) and only the 2 new ones work.

I deleted and reconfigured this integration and the problem repeated.

Is this a known issue? Did it create new entities because I renamed the 2 original entities?

I have 10 LED strips and kept having that same problem. Upped the polling incrementally until it didn’t’ have the log error any more.

Thanks. Did you have duplicate entities (what I’m trying to fix/understand) or just excessive polling (which I know how to correct)?

I do not have the duplicate entities. Honestly IDK if it was the best choice but I’d uninstall and reinstall the integration each time and adjust the polling.

Thank you, but I think you’re addressing an unrelated issue.

Anyone else know why I may be getting these duplicate entities?

Stupid question but do I increase or decrease the number? I think decrease so I’m polling less often per minute but maybe its looking for interval in how often to poll? So default is 10 second intervals before polling? Thanks

not a stupid question!
increasing the interval means you increase the time that passes between a request and the next.
so yes, increase it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all! There’s a problem I’m experiencing since the first time I’ve added the integration: When I change the color of the light strip it works but only once, then any additional request does nothing on the lights. Once I restart HA it works again (only once). Any leads how can I debug it?

I have the H6159

I’ve wanted to try a WLED conversion for a while. I have cable I need and a D1 mini.

Hi all, two questions.

1. Is anyone making progress on a local API integration?

2. I have the H7061 flood lights. The model I have has two individually controllable lights. Currently with this integration, it only recognizes the device as one entity, not two separate entities as there are two independent lights. Is there any way to update the integration to recognize the individual entities in the device?

2 Likes

I’m wondering the same thing. I’ve got quite a number of Govee devices, and while they show in my Google Home, they’re absent in HA.