Graph your configuration

@happyleaves – Thanks, I just implemented this in my Home Assistant Install. However, I’m wondering what some of these misc letters are shown in my graph. Any ideas?

Thanks! This is really cool!

My configuration files can be found here for reference.

That’s surely a bug! I suspect those letters comprise an entity name. Is there an entity missing from your graph that you would expect to be there, connected to those other entities?

@happyleaves

It’s supposed to show all entities, not just those associated with automation, correct?

• Missing Device Tracker Entities
  • Missing Speedtest & Pi System monitor
  • Missing Chromecast & Google Play Music Desktop Player
  • Missing several of my LIFX bulbs

How can I help you diagnose the issue? Should something be showing up in home-assistant.log? My repo is available at GitHub.

Thanks!

No, only entities referenced in automations, scripts, scenes, and a few other misc things.

I’ll look at your config …

[edit: ok, I think I figured it out. Your group syntax for livingroom_lights and office_lights is not being recognized. If you convert those into entities: followed by the list (-) instead of comma-separated, it should work.]

1 Like

@happyleaves – Are you referring to my automation.yaml or configuration.yaml files?

Thanks!

I was really keen for this, but I get a key error for seemingly anything in my secrets file, even though it exists.

My config is here: https://github.com/justin8/home-assistant-config , and once I replace all !secret references then it works

Lines 136 and 137 in your configuration.yaml.

@happyleaves

I made the changes you suggested, however, it’s still producing the same issue.

Thanks! Please let me know how I can help you debug the issue. Thanks again…

livingroom_lights: 
    - light.tribot
    - light.couchbot 
  office_lights: 
    - light.officebot
    - light.officebotfloor

Here’s a new PNG file produced a few minutes ago…

Use the entities: key, like …

group:
  MyGroup:
    entities:
      - thing 1
      - thing 2

Also look at the examples in the documentation: https://home-assistant.io/components/group/

1 Like

Fixed :smile:

Thanks!

Is it possible having the friendly names instead of entities ?