Group's State not accurate

Hi All. I have been having trouble with my home/away routines, specifically my away routines are being triggered when I have family members home. I have been digging around for a while & I found this below:

The state of my group.family is not_home when both members of my family are home. Both of our individual statuses (person.etc) shows that we are home, but the group status doesn’t agree. Is there something wrong in my yaml or something that I need to add to get this working right? Thank you.

family:
  name: Family
  entities:
    - person.michael
    - person.y

How can we tell?

You haven’t shared it.

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 9.12.18 PM

Haha sorry about that. It is just the bare minimum, but here it is.

The point was that that’s a pretty picture, not code. As explained in the pinned post please share the YAML using code markup.

Oh, and the order line is irrelevant these days - that was for the long dead old UI.

Okay, thank you for those tips! I included the yaml from my groups.yaml. Another thing I tried adding was a line to set “all” to false (which is the default). However, that did not seem to change anything.

family:
  name: Family
  entities:
    - person.michael
    - person.y
  all: false

That looks ok to me.

If you have confirmed in Developer Tools States that both person states are home but the group state is not_home then that could be a bug.

There is an issue open for this:

Please dont just add a “me too” comment if you have no extra information to add. Just thumb up the initial issue post. :+1:

1 Like

Is this still not fixed? I have the same issue with the latest hassio