Growatt historical data retrieval

Thank you for building this integration with Growatt! I use it all the time.

My question is if it would be possible to retrieve historical data from the Growatt servers? Currently, the integration only retrieves the live data, not the data from yesterday or the previous month.

Thank you in advance!

Reason
The reason for this question is that I lost my data because the integration failed at some point and I had to updrade HA.
Upgrading failed because of my own fault, and I had to rebuild my setup from scratch (raspberry pi 4 - ubuntu - docker - HA) and lost the previously logged statistical data of the Growatt integration.
I am probably not the only one in this situation :slight_smile:

I have not heard of an integration that uses a remote server’s history instead of Home Assistant, and it’s not likely to become a thing.

Next time, take a backup first.

Sure. But besides that this would be a nice feature retrieving all data from day one of your solar plant.

Huh. I suppose that could be useful in some cases, but it sounds like it might be hard to implement. Maybe others will upvote your request, but I don’t think this would be worth the coding.

I think because the integration can retrieve the actual data of the present time period -as it does-, it should be possible to do so for the day before. And repeat that up till the starting day of the solar plant.

I quess useful for anyone who started HA after the day they started their solar plant.

1 Like

@fweijers you might want to vote for your own feature request :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m only getting started with HA, but do have a growatt inverter for a couple of years now and it would be nice to be able to download historic data, so afterwards I can implement ESPHome modbus Growatt ShineWiFi-S and keep the data local only without sending it off-site.

1 Like