Growatt_server integration interval

Hi there,

Have this integration running:

Seems to run fine but very frequently is seems "not to update. The server.growatt.com gives me always correct values online.

I dont have any error messages.

Is it possible to change the update interval somewhere for this integration?

Hi, push: Is it possible to change the update interval somewhere for this integration?

@indykoning I saw you did the integration? may I kindly ask for your help on how to achieve a “quicker” update of the sensors in home assistant? I can see updates in the server.growatt.com every minute…(not the graph but the history data:

Hi @sender,
by default it is set up to update every 5 minutes because this is the default interval the wifi sticks use to send updates to growatt.

If you want to change this you should be able to by adding a scan_interval line.

Hi, thank you for responding.

I have added:

- platform: growatt_server
    username: !secret GROWATT_SERVER_USERNAME
    password: !secret GROWATT_SERVER_PASSWORD
    scan_interval: 60

But this seems not to do anything yet…

Hmm… That is quite odd, maybe the values haven’t been updated in the Growatt app either yet.
I know by default the wifi sticks send out their data every 5 minutes.

Maybe the ShinePhone app itself caches the values for 5 minutes as well.

Hi, I have given up at that time and live now with a 5 minute update interval.

But… up untill now all worked “well”

But since update to 0.114 and OS etc. update I have no updated values anymore…

I only have 1 entitie left:
sensor.growatt_total_maximum_power

Any idea?

Did you get real time information in HA from your growatt inverter? I’m also interested…

Let me know please.

Growatt Datalogger Speedup data interval new method

• Open the ShinePhone app
  • Click on attachment below
  • Top right +, then select list data loggers
  • Click on existing data logger
  • Configure data logger
  • Wireless hotspot mode
  • Put the stick in AP mode
  • Connect to Wifi hotspot, PW 123456789 ? ← check again
  • Continue
  • Advanced
  • Time setting
  • Interval to 1
  • Enter password growattYYYYMMDD (e.g.growatt20230125)
  • Unlock
  • Click and apply changes
  • Exit hotspot mode

NOTE: There is no change to the charts on growatt side. You can only see a change in the data from the datalogger and under datalogger list in growatt web.

3 Likes

Hi - When you say there are no changes to the charts on growatt side, can you expand what you mean. I am looking to get more timely info from the Plant page of the app that shows the power coming off the solar panels. will that change from 5mins to 1min updates with this change?

Thanks

Hi @A-J

I have customized this on my stick. How can I now change the time on HA because with me this does not work with the Scan_interval currently. Does it work for you when you adjust the Scan_Interval?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I’ve just stumbled across this thread when looking to help someone with changing the update interval for their wifi stick that no longer appears to support a web UI. I’m hoping this comment: Growatt_server integration interval - #9 by A-J will help them out.

@sams @nfswisstony and @A-J - If you’re interested in getting the data into HA quicker I recommend taking a look here: GitHub - muppet3000/homeassistant-growatt_server_api: Home Assistant Integration for Growatt - Upstream repo for the growatt_server integration that is part of the Core Home Assistant repository

In January I (the maintainer of the HA integration for Growatt) decided to move the Integration out of Core Home Assistant and into a Custom Component as I can support it much quicker. I will be rolling up changes periodically into HA Core, but not at a regular cadence. See the more detail here if you’re more interested on the reasoning.

Anyway, if you want to get more frequent updates into Home Assistant with the plugin (which currently only works in the HACS version) take a look here: INFO - Server information updating too slowly · Issue #5 · muppet3000/homeassistant-growatt_server_api · GitHub

Let me know if you have any issues, either by messaging me in this forum, or adding comments on that issue.

1 Like

Hi,

I have a Jinko Solar inverter, with a ShineWIFI-X module. Seems Jinko is just a rebranded growatt, with some different server url’s etc, but the app and site looks identical.

I was able to follow your guide @A-J , and got the dongle into AP mode, but the password to unlock the settings seems to be different for Jinko. I tried a few combinations of jinko and the date, but none seemed to work. (And of course the growatt one also did not work.)

If someone out there gets hold of the jinko password, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,
Cheers
Q

I’ve tried to connect to the hotspot but it won’t accept any password I enter. Are you saying the password should be 123456789 (which doesn’t work for me)? I’ve looked on the back of the stick where there are serial numbers etc but no password. DO you know how I can find out the password? Thanks

Perhaps you have an older version dongle. Try these steps instead: DOCUMENTATION - FAQ "How do I configure my ShineLink/Wifi Dongle to update more often" may not apply to Shine-wifi-S dongles · Issue #20 · muppet3000/homeassistant-growatt_server_api · GitHub

Thanks for getting back to me. As it happens I found out the password - 12345678 - you had written that plus 9. No worries. However, try as I might I can’t get the Shine app to connect properly to the hotspot. It refuses to get beyond the connecting page. I’ve also downloaded Shitetools and that does pretty much the same. I’ve also tried browsing to http://192.168.10.100 but that just gives connection refused. I’m completely stumped!

Bad form to reply to yourself but just thought I’d update where I got to. I have finally used the method above to change my stick to 1 minute updates. It went like a charm and there are two possible reasons why it worked this morning and had failed every previous time:

1. I noticed the Shine app had an update so I updated it.
  2. I had OpenVPN on my phone. I no longer use it so deleted it (although I had it configured to not connect or do anything unless used so shouldn’t have been a problem).

Unfortunately I can’t be sure if either of these was the issue or if it just decided to finally work!