GUI toggle for Fibaro double relay module FGS223 does not update

I have a FGS223 Double Relay module, it pairs ok with my Zwave stick and I control two different lights with it. It works fine with automations, and manually with the two toggle switches (one for each channel) on the web GUI.

The problem is that the GUI toggle switch on the second channel does not reflect any changes made to the physical wall switch. The first channel does though. I thought I had a faulty FGS223 so I installed a new one, and it behaves exactly the same.

If I use the GUI toggle on the second channel, it does turn the light on, but a few seconds later, the toggle goes back to off position, leaving the light on. To turn if off, I have to press the toggle twice.

Any ideas what might be the problem here?

Check that the Associations for the second switch include the controller.

Thanks, I read that link but I don’t understand, can you give me a bit more detail about how associations work?

At a very high level, when you put a device (in this case the controller) into an Association of the device (in this case your module), then when something happens with the device, it tells the controller.

So, in this case you’d select your device, find the Association group of the second switch (looks to be 4th association group – “On/Off (S2)”) and then select the controller.

the “controller” being the zwave stick?

Yes - the controller is the Z-Wave stick in your case

hmmm that doesn’t seem to work. I’ve rebooted after setting the association, and have re-set it a few times.

What did you reset? There’s no need to reboot, or reset anything.

I said re-set, not “reset” :grinning: - meaning just in case the association didn’t get programmed, I went in and set the association again. I often do this after setting zwave parameters, sometimes they don’t have any effect until HA is restarted.

Also there is a group called “Lifeline” which sounds like the one to use “Reports the device status and al-
lows for assigning single device only (main controller by default)”, however this is already associated with the zwave controller.

It seems others have this problem too. The solution seems to be to add the device in secure mode, which I’m not sure how to do. More research by the looks of it.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/fibaro-double-switch-fgs-223-current-state-not-correct/4609

and

https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave/issues/1003

Adding secure devices is explained in the documentation.

1 Like