“origin”: “LOCAL”,
“time_fired”: “2022-05-21T16:14:05.890001+00:00”,
“context”: {
“id”: “0180e765bc424509054dede4e5ad38fc”,
“parent_id”: null,
“user_id”: null
}
}

What is here the Eventtype? Türklingel.pressshort.1?

[quote=“chrislimk, post:21, Thema:350991”]

Vorlage:
- Auslöser:
- Plattform: Veranstaltung
event_type: ****yourdoorbellevent****
binary_sensor:
- Name: doorbell_sensor
auto_off: 3
Zustand: "wahr"

[/Zitat]

And must I put them complete in the configurations.yaml? I am very new :slight_smile:

Here is my try, doesn’t work…everything in configuration.yaml:

template:
  - trigger:
      - platform: event
        event_type: homematic.keypress
        event_data: PRESS_SHORT
        entity_id: Türklingel
    binary_sensor:
      - name: doorbell_sensor
        state: "true"

homekit:
  - filter:
      include_entities:
        - camera.netatmo_haustur
    name: Doorbell
    entity_config:
      camera.yourneatamo:
        linked_doorbell_sensor: binary_sensor.doorbell_sensor

Now I have a the Camera a second time in HomeKit and a item Doorbell, but it isn’t a Doorbell. I don’t get Push´s when it’s ringing and the Config in HomeKit is the Part missing.

Your event type seems to be homematic.keypress

So your config should look something like this. Start simple with just the event type for now. Put both into configuration.yaml unless you have breakout files.

template:
  - trigger:
        event_type: homematic.keypress
    binary_sensor:
      - name: doorbell_sensor

homekit:
  - filter:
      include_entities:
        - camera.netatmo_haustur
    entity_config:
      camera.netatmo_haustur:
        linked_doorbell_sensor: binary_sensor.doorbell_sensor

Make sure you restart HA and of course add the accessory into homekit.

Thanks for the guide, works like a charm!

1 Like

hi all
has anyone been able to get Doorbird to work with HomeKit including audio, and specifically two way audio?

Thanks for the great guide!

Unfortunately I can’t get the notification to work in HomeKit. I followed your guide (just had to change the name of the event to “event_type: doorbird_door_doorbird_”).
The binary sensor in Home Assistant works. It switches to “on” for 3 seconds when ringing the bell.
The camera is also shown in HomeKit, but I don’t get a notification. It seems to be shown just as a regular camera, not a doorbell. Is there anything that still needs to be configured in HomeKit?

Thanks!

# Binary sensor for DoorBird doorbell press
template:
  - trigger:
        event_type: doorbird_door_doorbird_
    binary_sensor:
      - name: doorbell_button
- filter:
    include_entities:
      - camera.door_doorbird_live
  entity_config:
    camera.doorbird_live:
      linked_doorbell_sensor: binary_sensor.doorbell_button

You’re welcome!

Just going through the last part of it, which is to create the homekit bridge/accessory and then pair it. Did you manage to do that?

homekit:
  - filter:
      include_entities:
        - camera.door_doorbird_live
    entity_config:
      camera.doorbird_live:
        linked_doorbell_sensor: binary_sensor.doorbell_button

If you’ve done it correctly, the new camera accessory should have this option under notifications, and under home settings you should see it as a an entity under “Cameras and Doorbells”

1 Like

Thanks for helping.

Yes, I was able to add the camera to HomeKit and I can see the live view of it. But it is not shown as an entity under the Cameras & Doorbells section. Under the settings of the entity, there is no way to activate notifications.

When I check the bridge it shows 1 accessory, but when I select it, it doesn’t show anything.

I’m running iOS16. I’ve deleted the bridge (both from the home app and home assistant) and added it again, but that didn’t change anything.

I’m only allowed to post one screenshot, so here are some more.

The blank screen on the accessories page is a known issue i suppose, since that also affects me.
I am not sure at this point what is preventing the camera from being seen as a camera doorbell, since it looks like you have created the homekit accessory correctly by linking the camera and binary sensor together.

I’m on 15.7, so i can’t say if it’s broken on iOS 16.
HomeKit - Home Assistant details the use of linked doorbell sensor. You might want to try the reset procedure especially if you’ve had it before as a plain camera.

Thanks! I’ll try to reset everything and see if that helps.

I’d also suggest adding “mode: accessory” to the definition so it doesn’t show up as a bridge. You can also put this in a homekit.yaml file included from your main config which is the more up-to-date way to keep everything separate.

homekit.yaml:

- filter:
    include_entities:
      - camera.front_doorbell
  name: Front Doorbell
  uniqueid: front_doorbell_x7812
  mode: accessory
  entity_config:
    camera.front_doorbell:
      support_audio: True
      linked_doorbell_sensor: binary_sensor.doorbell_trigger

Just a note, when this works, even though the entity exposed to HomeKit has a doorbell option, it’s still listed in Homekit as a CAMERA with a camera icon (homekit accessory category 17) - it isn’t listed as a Video Doorbell which has a different icon and belongs to a different homekit accessory category, 18.

See here for categories:

And here’s a list of what the Homekit component in Home Assistant supports (note it’s missing Video Doorbell among others):

I have the same issue as @ChrisGe I am not able to see doorbell or camera in HomeKit settings. I have everything else setup correctly. Has anyone found a resolution for this issue yet?

Just found this thread because i want to add a standard camera to use as a doorbell in HomeKit.

So i have many devices brought into HomeKit via the ui. If i set this up via the yaml, do i need to remove the integration via the UI and then add all my devices back via yaml?