[GUIDE] Install HASSIO and KODI on same Raspberry Pi

1. After making Kodi to autostart got an error in HA ( Unsupported system - Network Manager issues )
sudo systemctl enable NetworkManager.service
sudo reboot

I seem to have a problem with 5.4 Configure PuTTY with Private key:.
After typing login as: pi PuTTY immediately replies with a fatal error, saying:
No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey)

Edit:
Probably modifying the file permissions in .ssh went wrong. I assume I cannot get access to my Raspi anymore and will start again from scratch

I’ve just started the installation and ran into the problem that the package systemd-resolved is no longer available, but the file /lib/systemd/systemd-resolved exists and is part of the systemd package, so I started the installation with:

sudo dpkg -i --ignore-depends=systemd-resolved homeassistant-supervised.deb

For some reason, the ethernet (or at least ssh) connection of my pi isn’t too stable, but after a reboot I continued with:

sudo dpkg --ignore-depends=systemd-resolved  --configure -a 

Then the installation succeeded and I got the “Preparing Home Assistant” screen and am now at the “onboarding” stage.

Edit:

After onboarding I added systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=0 to /boot/cmdline.txt to get rid of the cgroup warning.

Also got the Network Manager issue, which was fixed by

sudo systemctl enable NetworkManager.service
sudo reboot

Haven’t tried the Kodi installation yet.

Oh, also didn’t get the bluetooth stuff working, but didn’t care about that.

Edit next day:

Installing additional packages, such as kodi, did not work anymore because of the missing dependency on systemd-resolved for homeassistant-supervised. I resolved that issue by creating a dummy debian package, which I installed with dkpg and made available for download at:

http://tuks.nl/software/systemd-resolved.deb

For a new installation, it would be best to download and install this package if installing homeassistant-supervised fails because of the missing dependency and then re-try, so the --ignore-depends switch is not needed. I haven’t tested this, though, so YMMV.

1 Like

Apparently this way is not supported anymore and installing suprevised is failing Installing Home Assistant Supervised on a Raspberry Pi using Debian 12

You can try this

sudo BYPASS_OS_CHECK=true dpkg -i homeassistant-supervised.deb

Hi there, is this method and integration still valid? I’m looking to do this on rpi 5 with ssd.

If possible to add systemd-resolved in apt install recquire.

I think it would be possible to install pimox (proxmox port) and kodi, but I haven’t been able to do it yet… if anyone knows how…