HA 0.60.0 Breaks iOS App on iPhone with solution

I updated my hass.io to 0.60.0 and found that the iOS App on my iPhone no longer displayed history or temperature graphs.
I thought it was related to the new frontend javascript_version feature. I was right.
The solution was to add this to my configuration.yaml file:

frontend:
  javascript_version: es5

The default “auto” did not work to detect an older browser as described in the HA documentation.
I guess that the iOS App for iPhone is now considered out of date with respect to javascript.

10 Likes

This workaround fixed my issue of my iPhone 6s on iOS 10.3 not loading the frontend in the app after I updated to 0.60. Does this mean the app just needs to updated with the new JavaScript version?

AFAIK the app uses a webview, on iOS there is only one rendering engine (safari). It’s not the app’s fault, and if Safari on iOS 10 cannot render the page, the app developer can’t do anything to solve.

Thank you I spent all day yesterday looking for a solution and this worked! :grinning:

There are two issues on github for this. It is not only the app, also safari and chrome on iOs. Hopefully, this will be fixed in a way that at least the ‘auto’ option is working again on iOs. With javascript_versionset to es5, all browsers are using the old technology, even the ones that are capable showing the new javascript_version.

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/11234

I knew there was a good reason to go slow with this “last update of the year”. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I’ll wait for the next version!

After updating to 0.60 the graphs stopped working for me, too.
I had this problem with „javascript_version: latest“ a view weeks ago, but didn‘t know how to fix this this time.

Thanks for this workarround.
It worked for me.

I have added the javascript_version: es5 to the config, but still getting:
ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Timer got out of sync. Resetting

I have that error too, but it doesn’t seem to have any impact and doesn’t seem related to Javascript.

You are right. I thought i was Reading somewhere this was related.

It is related: