HA 11.5 sensor showing 4 entities as Unavailable?

I read a few comments that referred to the E as experimental with ZHA so it got me thinking it was a situation where the hardware was as compatible as it should be. For 35 dollars it was worth a shot to try the P with ZigBee2MQTT. I was pulling my hair out because once I lost connectivity I had to go back through the Hue and Hub to re-add my unresponsive lights. I only run the SONOFF P. No more hubs!

Some lights are very high up so other reset methods weren’t ideal. My E is a nice paperweight now :laughing:

Best of luck, I know your frustration…

1 Like

I found these Zigbee coordinators.
I think they’re a P and not an E? Can someone confirm for me, so I can be sure please?

1: Zigbee 3.0 Coordinator Router w/ LAN Port of HamGeek CC2652P For Zigbee2mqtt
Zigbee 3.0 Coordinator Router Zigbee Gateway w/ LAN Port of HamGeek CC2652P Module For Zigbee2mqtt

Description:
This is a Z2M wired LAN port gateway zigbee2mqtt
Using the strongest cc2652p chip + LAN port, its performance is stable. It eliminates the problem of packet loss and disconnection of wifi solution. It is more flexible to place the router. There is no need to be restricted by location like the usb interface. This solution can be equipped with modules to support poe, z2m and zha at the same time, and the external antenna signal is super strong. Plug and play, get IP automatically.

CC2652P zigbee wired gateway with LAN port, compatible with z2m zha
The zigbee chip of this gateway is upgraded to the latest cc2652p. The chip is the strongest zigbee chip for TI in zigbee networking, outperforming cc2530 and cc2538 in stable wired connection.

After tests, the gateway can access to about 200pcs sub-devices, with stable working performance. Better than gateways for Xiaomi (up to 30pcs or so of sub-devices), cc2530/2531 and other gateways.

Support for homeassistant, nodered, iobroker, etc. Supports for Synology and compatible with thousands of zigbee devices of most brands on the market, as well as for ZHA in Home Assistant and Tasmota. Suitable for placing your coordinator in the center. Through a stable Ethernet connection, don’t worry about disconnecting! USB pass-through is not required when using HA in a VM environment.

You can use the hardware by Koenkk (Koen Kanters) Z-Stack-firmware/coordinator at master · Koenkk/Z-Stack-firmware · GitHub or by Egony (Alex Egony) https://github.com/egony/cc2652p_E72 -2G4M20S1E/tree/master/firmware/coordinator. Use Egony’s coordinator firmware by default. Example of port writing in zigbee2mqtt configuration file: port://deviceip:5000

2: SMLIGHT SLZB-06 CC2652P Zigbee Ethernet PoE LAN WiFi USB Gateway Adapter ZHA Z2M
Unleash the true potential of your smart home with the SMLIGHT SLZB-06, the cutting-edge Zigbee gateway adapter that seamlessly bridges the gap between your Zigbee devices and your local area network (LAN), USB, or Wi-Fi network. Powered by the very popular and much sought after CC2652P Zigbee 3.0 chip and boasting a +20dB amplifier and 5dB antenna, this adapter delivers unparalleled range and reliability, ensuring a robust and seamless Zigbee network experience.

We are the official Australian distributors for SMLIGHT products. As with all our products enjoy fast delivery and fully local support on your purchases.

Key Features:

• Versatile Connectivity: Connect your Zigbee devices to your LAN, USB, or Wi-Fi network with ease, enabling remote control and monitoring from anywhere.
  • Flexible Power Options: The SLZB-06 supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) for hassle-free installation, as well as Type-C and micro-USB power options, ensuring compatibility with various power sources.
  • Comprehensive Accessory Package: Enjoy a complete out-of-the-box experience with the included antenna, screws, screw helper, two-sided adhesive tapes, and a micro-USB to Type-C adapter.
  • Compact and Discreet Design: With its sleek and compact form factor, the SLZB-06 blends seamlessly into any environment, while its cool design allows for flexible installation in any location.
  • Easy Firmware Flashing: Enjoy the convenience of flashing both the Zigbee and ESP firmware directly over your LAN connection, simplifying setup and configuration.
  • Rigorous Testing: Every SLZB-06 adapter undergoes meticulous individual testing before shipment, ensuring optimal performance and reliability right out of the box.

Benefits of the SMLIGHT SLZB-06:

• Choice of Coordinator Location: Position the adapter strategically for optimal coverage, independent of your server’s location.
  • Increased Network Capacity: Expand your smart home system by adding multiple SLZB-06 adapters, with each capable of connecting up to 150 Zigbee devices.
  • Reliable Network Expansion: Achieve seamless Zigbee network coverage across large areas or multiple buildings by strategically placing additional SLZB-06 adapters, ensuring reliable connectivity for all your smart devices.
  • The SMLIGHT SLZB-06 is the ultimate solution for smart home enthusiasts and professionals seeking a robust, versatile, and future-proof Zigbee adapter. Designed to work seamlessly with open automation platforms such as Home Assistant, using the powerful zigbee2mqtt or ZHA software, this adapter empowers you to take control of your smart home like never before.

Flash it with router firmware, put it in an USB phone charger, and you have a really powerful Zigbee router.

Does installing OPNsense solve the connectivity issues of the Zigbee E firmware?

I was looking into that at one point. Is there specific firmware i should chose over another.

ZBDongle-E and ZBDongle-P are equally senstive to EMF/EMI/RMI so you still need to take the exact same actions to avout that. So you should still follow all these tips regardless → Zigbee networks: how to guide for avoiding interference + optimizing using Zigbee Router devices (repeaters/extenders) to get best possible range and coverage

The main difference is the Zigbee stack firmware. Silicon Labs EmberZNet Zigbee stack is better with some devices while Texas instruments firmware is better with other devices. Generally though many have reported that their experince is a little better with a TI CC2652P based radio adapter as a Zigbee Coordinator while the same people also reported that Silabs EFR32MG21 based adapters work better as Zigbee Router devices, and you are going to need more Zigbee Router devices regardless.

Personally I would however suggest upgrading the Zigbee Coordinator firmware to latest version before replacing it. The firmware that ships with all of them is old and newer firmware have many bug fixes and improvments.

1 Like

I was just sharing my experience with both. I was at my wits end with the E and the firmware was up to date. This was just a few months ago.

I have no interference issue with the P.

1 Like

perfect! Thank you for the link.

Sonoff have never released newer firmware updates for ZBDongle-E and theirs is very old so you need to use community developers firmware instead:

Sonoff do not release firmware updates for ZBDongle-EP either so you need to use community firmware instead for that too but from other community developer:

Where is the router firmware in

Can’t find it.

Well, read lots about making the Zigbee coordinator E a router, but haven’t yet found how to upgrade the firmware? I’m guessing it’s via HA 11.5, but I’ve noticed Z2M has stopped connecting to the Zigbee sensor.
Will try more Zigbee sensor resets and replacing 3% (but really full) 2 x AAA batteries.
HA 11.5 → Settings → Add-ons → Zigbee2MQTT → Log →

[14:05:40] INFO: Preparing to start...
[14:05:40] INFO: Socat not enabled
[14:05:41] INFO: Starting Zigbee2MQTT...
Zigbee2MQTT:info  2024-03-10 14:05:42: Logging to console and directory: '/config/zigbee2mqtt/log/2024-03-10.14-05-42' filename: log.txt
Zigbee2MQTT:info  2024-03-10 14:05:42: Starting Zigbee2MQTT version 1.36.0 (commit #unknown)
Zigbee2MQTT:info  2024-03-10 14:05:42: Starting zigbee-herdsman (0.35.1)
Zigbee2MQTT:error 2024-03-10 14:06:12: Error while starting zigbee-herdsman
Zigbee2MQTT:error 2024-03-10 14:06:12: Failed to start zigbee
Zigbee2MQTT:error 2024-03-10 14:06:12: Check https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/guide/installation/20_zigbee2mqtt-fails-to-start.html for possible solutions
Zigbee2MQTT:error 2024-03-10 14:06:12: Exiting...
Zigbee2MQTT:error 2024-03-10 14:06:12: Error: Failure to connect
    at Ezsp.connect (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/adapter/ezsp/driver/ezsp.ts:373:19)
    at Driver.startup (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/adapter/ezsp/driver/driver.ts:163:13)
    at Controller.start (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/controller/controller.ts:132:29)
    at Zigbee.start (/app/lib/zigbee.ts:62:27)
    at Controller.start (/app/lib/controller.ts:109:27)
    at start (/app/index.js:107:5)

In HA 11.5 → Settings → Add-ons → Zigbee2MQTT → Info → Zigbee2MQTT is started, but unable to OPEN WEB UI: error: The add-on is not running. Do you want to start it now? NO START ADD-ON.
The add-on (I guess that’s the Zigbee temperature sensor) doesn’t start?
The log shows:

[14:39:08] INFO: Preparing to start...
[14:39:08] INFO: Socat not enabled
[14:39:08] INFO: Starting Zigbee2MQTT...
Zigbee2MQTT:info  2024-03-10 14:39:10: Logging to console and directory: '/config/zigbee2mqtt/log/2024-03-10.14-39-10' filename: log.txt
Zigbee2MQTT:info  2024-03-10 14:39:10: Starting Zigbee2MQTT version 1.36.0 (commit #unknown)
Zigbee2MQTT:info  2024-03-10 14:39:10: Starting zigbee-herdsman (0.35.1)
Zigbee2MQTT:error 2024-03-10 14:39:40: Error while starting zigbee-herdsman
Zigbee2MQTT:error 2024-03-10 14:39:40: Failed to start zigbee
Zigbee2MQTT:error 2024-03-10 14:39:40: Check https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/guide/installation/20_zigbee2mqtt-fails-to-start.html for possible solutions
Zigbee2MQTT:error 2024-03-10 14:39:40: Exiting...
Zigbee2MQTT:error 2024-03-10 14:39:40: Error: Failure to connect
    at Ezsp.connect (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/adapter/ezsp/driver/ezsp.ts:373:19)
    at Driver.startup (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/adapter/ezsp/driver/driver.ts:163:13)
    at Controller.start (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/controller/controller.ts:132:29)
    at Zigbee.start (/app/lib/zigbee.ts:62:27)
    at Controller.start (/app/lib/controller.ts:109:27)
    at start (/app/index.js:107:5)

Download silabs-firmware-builder/firmware_builds/zbdonglee/ncp-uart-hw-v7.4.1.0-zbdonglee-115200.gbl at 1735713e151ff08b100e880cdb1dab1b9bf9f03d · darkxst/silabs-firmware-builder · GitHub , be sure to click on ‘raw’

Go to this page in Chrome or Edge

Insert your dongle, and upload the firmware downloaded earlier

Thx, strange how the Zigbee coordinator was working for the 1st few weeks, but not anymore?
Ok, trying to upload the USB coordinator, which is in pass through to the KVM. The host computer does see the usb

linuxmint@linuxmint:~$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1a86:55d4 QinHeng Electronics SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus V2
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04d9:1503 Holtek Semiconductor, Inc. Keyboard
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

No compatible devices found.
Perhaps the passthrough to the KVM is confusing the darkxst webpage?

You need to attach the stick to the computer you run the browser on.

Yes, the Zigbee coordinator is connected to this desktop.
Update: the Zigbee sensor (not the coordinator) has now come back online showing temperature. Seem to be a temperamental temperature sensor.

Not sure why I would need a Zigbee router, any examples?

The SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus Gateway CC2652 Home Assistant ZBDongle-P arrived.

Remove

adapter: ezsp

or change it to

adapter: zstack
2 Likes