HA Alarm System - Siren running WiFi?

Evening,

I was wonderring if anyone have found an Siren that runs on Wireless?
Currently I’m using the Xiaomi Gateway, which of course isn’t enough and I would also like to have one outside my house.

Anyone?

You could use an off the shelf dumb siren and an ESP module running ESPhome to trigger it.

it’s not WiFi but I use the same as in this post:

1 Like

i took a smart life wifi siren and did a tuya convert on it, i now have tasmota on it only to facilitate putting another firmware on such as esphome.

if i can fine schematics then i might make progress

any help is greatly appreciated

@magiva You say you got tasmota installed on your “smart life / tuya” siren. I opened mine and checked that it still got the ESP8266 in it and got all the RX/TX/GND/3.3V pins as well.
I now can install Tasmota on it (I guess), but how can it be used afterwards? I didn’t find any note that Tasmota supports SIRENS in any way.
I want to be able to play different sound files by calling a service, or sending an mqtt message. Is this possible?? Thanks

well, putting tasmota on was just a first test, now i know it takes it, i know it would take a binary from arduino sketch or esphome etc.
Id need to figure out how its playing audio and find an audioo library for it etc, figure out which pins are being used etc.
Ive not opened it yet, just know that it is an esp826x type that will take the code.
please let me know how you get on with yours

I opened it what is easy, and there are all pins accessible, but as the device is now it’s unuseable for me. I didn’t even find out if there is some api to access it via WEB interface to make it sound. Anyone else got more info?

the key will be finding out what dac it is using and maybe finding a library you can use with espeasy etc

See this:

1 Like

Use Tuya Converter. It’s much easier.

That only works as long as you got Tuya installed still. After you flashed it with another software it won’t connect.

this worked a treat, device now working, many thanks

update: beeped once, never made a sound after that

Please try one again.
I am sure it will work perfectly.

What is the expected functionality? Being able to trigger the alarm? I wanna know if I can jump in and buy this product.

From my perspective it was of course to get a smoke alarm that was able to connect to home assistant. So I could get a push message if Triggered.

Secondly I thought it would be nice to use the sirene part as a part of my alarm system.

1 Like

Hi,

I bought a Tuya PE-520R siren and followed the topic.
After flashing with Tasmota and entering the following parameters :
Template : {“NAME”:“Tuya Siren”,“GPIO”:[255,107,255,108,255,255,0,0,255,255,255,255,255],“FLAG”:0,“BASE”:54}
rule1 on system#boot backlog tuyasend4 102,0; tuyasend2 103,300; TuyaSend1 117,0 endon
rule1 1
tuyamcu 11,104

But without success. I can’t seem to trigger it!
Have you ever tried this siren ?
Thank

I am very much a newbee to HA. As part of the development of my HA system I am currently setting up an house alarm based on ALARMO. For this I purchased what I was led to believe were zigbee sirens:

[https://uk.banggood.com/Zigbees-Smart-Sensor-Wireless-WiFi-Linkage-Smart-Sound-And-Light-Alarm-Horn-Siren-Remote-Controller-Smart-Module-p-1758665.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN]

However, on receipt it is apparent that these are not zigbee but WIFI ( I have complained to Banggood - their response pending !) and can be installed on your local network using TuyaSmart. However, the HA Tuya integartion does not recognise. But by experimentation I determined that HA does recognise if included via the localtuya integration. This is somewhat a protracted process as to do this you need to known the device local key - how to do this can be found on Github and ter are several YouTube videos. Anyway, I eventually got the siren included in HA and after trial and error determined the relevant ID. is 13 - for this the siren flashes red and is very loud for such a small item. Occasionaly with poering on and off it might loose connection to HA but this can be quickly re-established by switching the siren on and off via the TuyaSmart app, i.e. I have the siren simultaneously linked to both HA and TuyaSmart on my phone. Not perfect but is a start.

Hi @Sony25, where you able to fix it?

I’ve got it working on a Neo CoolCam WIFI Siren, but with exactly the same template running. Couple of things for you to check:

1. There is an error in your rule, you are missing the “DO” command --> rule1 ON system#boot DO backlog […]
  2. Do you know the IP address of your device? You can try the following http command to see if anything is happening at all: http://[ip-address-of-your-tuyasiren]/cm?cmnd=Power%20TOGGLE

with above two I am able to control the siren from the browser, but also through Tasmota Console it is working.

hi, i also bought a tuya wifi siren, but i can’t integrate it with local tuya. can you help me?

Simone, to get the tuya wifi siren to work via LocalTuya, you need to know the device id and local key of the alarm. Below are the links to 2 YouTube videos showing how to do this. I used Eddie’s method by running the Ubuntu terminal on my Windows 10 PC (Microsoft Store Ubuntu).

Once you have that infomation and LocalTuya integration installed on your HA instance, then the relevant configuration.yaml entry to give you an on / off switch for the alarm is as follows:

localtuya:
    - host: xxx.xxx.x.xx   # IP addess of alarm
      device_id: 'ddddddddddddddddddddd' # for the alarm from tuya.com IOT or the Tuya app
      local_key: 'kkkkkkkkkkkkk' # for the alarm from tuya.com IOT
      friendly_name: Alarm 1
      protocol_version: "3.3"
      entities:
        - platform: switch
          friendly_name: Alarm 1 Siren
          id: 13  # by trial and error I determined this ID is what makes the alarm sound

Note that if you ever reset the alarm, then you will have to repeat the above as the local key will have changed. Also as noted in my original post, occasionaly with temporary loss of power to the alarm, the alarm might loose connection to HA. However, this can be quickly re-established by switching the siren on and off via the TuyaSmart app.