HA app has become slow on Android

Same goes for me. Couple of months the app start very slow, I get a pop up if I would like to wait of change the url. Rebooting my samsung s20 plus helps but is not what I like. Turing on a light is annoying because the wait of 10 to 20 seconds.

Same setup is used on iPhone mini which gives no issues at all. So must be android app.

Thx, that works…

Force stop the app works for me!

2 Likes

Hm for me on a Pixel 6 its nearly running normal. Bit slower. But if I open a fully configured energy dashboard it start lagging like hell and is nerly not responding…switching the days month and so on is not realy possible or takes minutes.
Before November 22 it was fast on every dashboard.
On a slower Tablet with Android 10 its nearly not usable whatever I do.

Español:
Hola, tambien llevo esperimentando este lac en la app desde hace meses. Al principio pense q era porque habia creado una nueva pestaña con 4 grafiacs apexcharts-card y las he ido mejorando pero la app sigue yendo lenta. Habeces es casi imposible de manejar para editar una automatizacion o escribir cualquier cosa en el buscador de entidades. Si estoy con el wifi mejora mucho pero con datos va fatal.
No se en q actualizacion empezo a fallar…
Tambien he reiniciado home assistant y la app, borrado cache de la app y reiniciar el tlf pero no se arregla.

Saludos a todos.

Inglés:
Hello, I have also been experimenting with this lac in the app for months. At first I thought it was because I had created a new tab with 4 graphs apexcharts-card and I have been improving them but the app is still slow. You make it almost impossible to manage to edit an automation or write anything in the entity browser. If I’m with Wi-Fi it improves a lot but with data it’s fatal.
I don’t know in which update it started to fail…
I have also restarted home assistant and the app, cleared the cache of the app and restarted the phone but it does not fix it.

Greetings to all.

Having the same issues for the past week. No lag on my iPad app or via the web browser on android, apple or pc.

Force stop android app resolves this for me. Clearing app cache has no effect.

i’ve seen this once every month or two for a while. force stopping the app and restarting it or restarting the phone (which does the same) fixes it. it might be tied to restarting HA without restarting the phone app entirely, but i haven’t tested that enough.

I’m having the same problem, I have a pixel 6 pro, clearing the cache, restarting the app, restarting the phone, all don’t help. The only way I have reliably been able to fix it is by clearing the app storage (essentially treating it like a new install). This is a pain though as it loses all app sensor configuration data and user settings, which I have to reconfigure manually each time.

This definitely feels like a garbage collection issue. The app works great at first but slowly over time it slows down. Really hoping a fix can be found for this soon, as it makes the app unusable for me.

still seeing this on all latest. it always happens when i switch between LTE and wifi. when i go back from LTE to wifi, HA will be very slow, or never load the landing page with the “cant find instance” message, quite randomly. restarting phone or force clearing app storage will fix it, but it also fixes itself sometimes. HA seems perfectly functional on other devices when this is happening.

I switched to Firefox and it has been working fine for a week.

Have the same issues as stated above. When phone is rebooted all works nice and fast, but over time it gets slower and slower untill it’s not workable anymore.

For now I use the tip of opening HA in the Chrome browser, click the three dots on the right top and select “Set to homescreen” (Or something like that). From there it works fast, but not through the ‘official’ app.

Hope it gets solved in next update.

After installing my Reolink video doorbell I was required to provide microphone access to HA for 2-way audio conversations. From that moment my app started to become very slow. Every time the app loads I have to wait up to 10 seconds before my dashboard completes loading and browsing between views also takes multiple seconds. When I access the interface via my mobile browser, it is just as fast as I was used to. When I revoke the microphone permission from HA, it stops being slow right away. I feel like that this is where the source of the problem lies.
I use a Pixel 6 on Android 14 (Public Beta 5).

when my phone stucks, I do a forced app stop, this will get it back to normal…
works for Android.

2 Likes

This is not really a workable work-around. Then you can better just use the browser option.

Hope they will find a solution.

I’ve only just started getting the issue. Are people on this thread still getting this issue or is my issue, which has just cropped up, likely to be a different issue?

2 Likes

Came here to say this too. Been struggling with the slowdown for a while and realised that a simple “force stop” sets it all back to normal.

I suspect it’s a memory leak with a video stream card, because I noticed my microphone sometimes remains connected indefinitely

2 Likes

Same problem for me the last few months. Switching between different instances (I have 3 HA-instances in the same app) used to be snappy, but lately it’s at least 3 seconds before ANYTHING happens when doing the three-finger-swipe.

Disable my cameras complete solves it for me.

Running the foscam and generic cam integration. After clean both integrations completely, all works fine now.

Think there is a problem with the camera streams in background. This is only my sollution at this point.

Using my cams now outside of HA. Hope they will make it work again.

Maybe someone can confirm that the Problem are the Cam integrations?

I dont have camera integrations so i dont think that is the issue, as i said on github the fix for me was the autoclear cache every day for the companion app, till this day my app still runs smoothly without lags. So there must be some memory leak i think.

Do you all use Duckdns? It gave me lot of random connection issues but only for remote and i fix it swaping Duckdns with Dynu DNS and now is working ok again and it opens faster also.

I asked this because if you use it you also use Nginx reverse proxy so maybe there is something with that?

Same for me. It is slower in navigation, but also doorbell notifications set to critical/high are comming in 3 to 6 minutes after the event (also reolink doorbell)