HA Companion App - Alamofire.AFError 9

Thanks for your help! I have a reverse proxy in my setup. It seems my proxy IP got banned…
…removing the IP banning helped but of course is not what I want on the long run. Where could I find blocked IPs?

What works now:

http:
   server_port: 8123
   use_x_forwarded_for: true
   trusted_proxies:
     - 192.168.x.x/24
     - 172.30.33.0/24
     - ::1
   ip_ban_enabled: false # was true before
   login_attempts_threshold: 5

Thanks!

Adding mobile_app: in the configuration.yaml and a clean reboot solved the issue for me.
The error started after a schedule maintanance from the ISP which took down my connection

I’ve just started to see this error as well, yet so far none of the suggestions in this thread have helped for me.

I’m using the HA Companion App (2024.4) on a MacBook running Sonoma 14.4.1. HA is on 2024.4.3.

I’m on the same network as my HA install, so I’m trying to connect to the automatically detected local IP address (no proxy involved).

My configuration yaml has always had default_config: and mobile_app:

It was working fine until around a week ago when I was just prompted with a logon screen. Not sure if this coincided with the upgrade of HA to 2024.4, but the rest of my devices (iPhone/iPad) logged out as well. They logged back in fine.

I’ve removed the MacBook device from the Mobile App integration, restarted HA and tried to log on, but still the same Alamofire.AFError 9 message.

I can see that when I try to logon on, a new Mobile App device appears for my MacBook with just the battery level and state sensors, even though the App says it failed to connect, so something is getting through.

Please let me know which logs will help troubleshoot this error and I’ll gladly provide.