HA failing to come up cleanly after reboot

enable debug- in loglevel

configuration.yaml …

logger:
  default: debug

EDIT: and if possible, delete you DB-files, before rebooting your system

PS: if you are aware of any integrations you have “configured” in configuration.yaml , then # “commemd-out” them, same goes for automations/scripts et, if you ever made such … basically try to get your system up, with no tingle-tangle

Thanks. I usually edit my configuration.yaml with the “File Editor” or “Visual Studio” but these are not being loaded. Do I have access to the configuration file from the UI in another way?

Also, no Terminal access either other than direct connection to the NUC

Is this an IP address inside your local network?
Do you have DuckDNS/Let’s Encrypt set?

no samba either ? … direct access, do you mean the ha-console ? … in that case , type “help” and after each command you can type --h / --help
EDIT: connect a monitor and keyboard to your NUC, and access ha-console,

By the way, have you tried to restart the host after you got those issues?
If you have access to CLI, a reboot command should restart the host.

No this is not an IP address from within my network. I don’t use DuckDNS nor do I have access externally to HA. It’s all local

Thanks

Looks like an IP banned.

This should be listed on the file /config/ip_bans.yaml
If you can get access to that file, try to remove any entry to that IP (172.30.32.2).

No SAMBA either. I am in the NUC CLI now but the font is SO SMALL that I can hardly read it.

I noticed under “backups” that my backups do exist so I’m trying to restore them from the CLI prompt but looks like the command completes instantaneously and said it succeeded but I can’t believe that given how quickly it restored.

if you found ur backup folder, then /config is no far away :slight_smile:

they are fairly small, latest 20-30 ha backups are very very small 10-20mb, if you don’t mean some other backups ?

Thou they wont help you, if you have an IP-Ban

if you can run backup/restore, sounds like u have access to ha-console

try

ha su repair
AND
ha core update

Thanks. I did the supervisor repair but not the core update. I’ll try that one also

ok, then reboot, your NUC !

SOLVED See Link in this replay <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Ok, first, thank you all for all of the help. Great group of people and very helpful.
I attempted all of the items above but nothing. I also went to the homeassistant directory and started to remove my automations.yaml files (move them out) and also some HACS integrations to see if it would help but nothing.

I then went back to the logs above with the 172.xx.xx.xx IP address and googled for this log and found the following thread.

Come to find out, this has happened to a few people with the SAME IP address. It seems that the Supervisors refresh token got corrupted and this thread describes how to repair it. I followed the steps and everything booted (or at least seems to be working now. I need to do some verification)

Thanks again for all of the help

2 Likes

JUST A GUESS:
This is the internal IP address of the container that HAOS is running on.

Have you looked at your ip_bans.yaml file?

/// which integration makes you have such file, in /config ? , i have never seen such file, so i guess it must be related to some “specific” integration /// … <<< Ignore that . some people might have seen such file, in a default installation, thou “unknown” in which situations this is created

OK, so it’s an auto-generated, thou not necessarily created prior to those “log-messages” ( not sure what “triggers” the creation, or when )

I did not have that file.

1 Like

Good to hear, that it seems to turn out well for you

PS: I assume it was this post

in that Topic which you followed, un fortunately is it not “marked as Solved ( His “solved mark” is " i gave up” ) :slight_smile: — You should/could mark your post above where you refers to the solution, as it might help others in same situation. :+1: