HA-Floorplan vs picture-elements card

Hi

I’m struggling in understanding why I should be using Floorpan GitHub - ExperienceLovelace/ha-floorplan: Bring new life to Home Assistant. By mapping entities to a SVG-object, you're able to control devices, show states, calling services - and much more. Add custom styling on top, to visualize whatever you can think of. Your imagination just become the new limit. rather than then the Picture elements card Picture Elements Card - Home Assistant

Can anybody more experienced than myself please share his opinions on the matter? thanks!!!

Depends on the results you’re after, I imagine. Sounds like the difference is one of complexity.

Haven’t used Floorplan, but it looks as if setting it up would be a major project in itself - something the docs admit: “It can be very time-consuming to create a good looking floorplan. So be prepared before you start.”

1 Like

There is a third competitor I’m this genre, Live 3D Floor plan with interactive objects

1 Like

Hello Hellis, thanks to link, but I think that my project is different from the previous attempts and it is interesting for those who are familiar with 3D modeling software for their home. Overall the time to setup the visualization if you do not have already a 3D model of your home is higher with my card, but the resulting user experience is totally different (and of course better)