HA not updating mqtt fast enough

i have a smart plug with energy monitor. it has been flashed with Tasmota and working fine.
what i noticed is that data for power takes a very long time to update in HA. here’s a screenshot:

at least ON/OFF status works. but HA takes at least 5 minutes to update to real time status of the plug.
is there any way to speed this up?

this is my yaml in config file.

sensor:
  - platform: mqtt
    name: "refrigerator Energy Today"
    state_topic: "tele/top2/SENSOR"
    value_template: '{{ value_json["ENERGY"]["Today"] }}'
    unit_of_measurement: "kWh"
    name: "refrigerator Power"
    value_template: '{{ value_json["ENERGY"]["Power"] }}'
    unit_of_measurement: "W"
    name: "refrigerator Voltage"
    value_template: '{{ value_json["ENERGY"]["Voltage"] }}'
    unit_of_measurement: "V"
    name: "refrigerator Current"
    value_template: '{{ value_json["ENERGY"]["Current"] }}'
    unit_of_measurement: "A"

Tasmota sends telemetry (which includes energy data) every 5 minutes by default.

Instead of making it send all of the telemetry more frequently, you can configure it to send energy data whenever there’s a change in energy consumption. You can specify the reporting threshold to be either a fixed value (like when power changes by at least 2 watts) or by percentage (like when power changes by 10%). You decide which is best for your application.

The Tasmota option you must configure is called PowerDelta.

PowerDelta<x>

Set maximum delta of phase a in energy monitoring devices to report on active power load change while the power is ON. PowerDelta will not report when the power turns off.

• 0 = disable reporting on power change

• 1…100 = set reporting on percentage power change to send an MQTT telemetry message

• 101…32000 = set reporting on absolute power change to send an MQTT telemetry message (offset by 100, e.g., 101=1W, 207=107W)

7 Likes